• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm a newbie and waiting for Gastric Bypass at Walsall

Hi Mells, welcome to Minis

Theres loads of us on here from walsall. Whereabouts in Brum are you hun? I'm in Sutton Coldfield. The waiting can be frustrating but if they are saying december thats not too bad. We are lucky in our area as some people around the country have to wait 2 years.

Theres a thread on here called Walsall Massive where all the walsall peeps post. We've a good variety of pre oppers and post oppers.

Look forward to getting to know you xx

Hello and welcome :welcome::welcome:

No need to be afraid, but it is natural! Just think of the long term benefits, they will be far greater than any short term worries

I'm also :sign0144:

Welcome Mells! The waiting time will pass quite quickly and please try not to be afraid. Try to think of this a step on the journey to a healthier you and how great that will be! I totally agree with Mixman - the long term benefits do outweigh these worries!

Hugs to you

Lx

Hi and welcome :) were a friendly bunch and I don't think anyones bites ;)

Lots of info and support here

Xx

Hi Mels and welcome.

As the others said there are lots of us here from Walsall. This is a great place, loads of lovely people and good advice so if there is anything you need to know don't hesitate to ask, there is always someone around to help.

xx

Hi and welcome to Mini's

Pop over to the Walsall Massive thread and see who's gonna be in the same time as you.

I'm expecting oct/nov at walsall so i'm just before you.

Any questions or worries just ask away. Were here to help.

Fellow Walsall Bypasser

Hiya Mells and welcome!

My RNYGBP was carried out by Miss Heitmann in the Manor on 26th June. I seem to have been extremely lucky in that my initial appointment was a cancellation with Mr Hartland in November 2008, culminating in my op at the end of June.

I'm now coming up to 2 weeks post op and am amazed at how little pain I have experienced. I presume it's because I have followed my instructions from Ana and the rest of the staff at the Manor to the letter or maybe I just have a high pain threshold who knows?

The treatment I received in the Manor was absolutely faultless! The staff on Ward 11 were fantastic.

If I can be of any assistance just let me know. I have also bought a couple of books on WLS which include recipes as well but you'll find loads of great recipes on here.

The fellow members on here are really supportive so you are definitely in the right place.

Hi Mells - welcome to the site. I'm in Sutton Coldfield and going to Walsall Manor for my bypass - but I haven't got a date yet. This is a great site and there's always someone who can answer any question you can think of. See you over on the Walsall Massiiiive thread. Marion xx

Hi and welcome
I had my bypass 14 June 09 but after my 1st appointment at Wasall Manor had to wait a year for surgery even though they told me it would be about 4/5 months. It was because they requested funding for keyhole and not open, as soon as I changed it to open I was seen more quickly, so bear this in mind

Take Care

Anez xxx

Back