• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op assessment today

I had my pre-op assessment today at Charing Cross today and despite the travel difficulties it all went very well and I feel very reassured that I am in safe hands.

Up to now I was concerned that they would not do the bypass due to my extremely high BMI and I was previously told that it would be a “technical decision” whether I would have the sleeve or the bypass. My choice was always the bypass. Today I was told that they could see no reason at the moment for me not to have a bypass and that they only say about the sleeve to cover their back, so to speak, in case they cant do the bypass on the day. I was reassured that they have done it on bigger people then me (he obviously didn’t see the size of my bum when he said that lol) without complications.

The anaesthetist, Dr Cousins, was lovely and very knowledgeable and reassuring.

They didn’t weigh me which surprised me as I thought they would check to make sure that I lost weight on the liver shrinkage diet between now and the op, but they just said that if I stick to it my liver will shrink and their job will be easier etc and that it really wasn’t about the weight loss.

For the first time since my referral I really feel ready for this op. I have a bit of time off work (albeit unpaid L) so I have time to recover and look after myself for a few weeks after the op. So here goes………..

Glad all went well and that your going to get the bypass you wanted x

Sounds like you're ready to go! Hurrah xx

glad to see everything went well keep us updated and remember we are all here if things get tough wls is like a rollercoaster one day good one day bad

Woohoo hun!!! Will text in a bit!!!

Great news, you'll soon have your shrinking butt on the losers bench x x

ps, and congrats on braving the weather to get there

Glad it went well hun. I have mine tomorrow. :(

Are you getting married hun??? You're in the Bride-to-be section.

Are you getting married hun??? You're in the Bride-to-be section.

that would be why I couldnt find this thread till now. Can I move it?

I think if you message one of the moderators then they can probably do it for you!!!

Back