• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op beginner

Dollyloulou1980

Hi

I am due to be banded on weds 18th may and would really appreciate any tips on what to eat on my pre op.

I am a really fussy eater and don't like eggs fish or veg hence while I'm getting a band cause I like all the wrong things ha ha

Hi Hun
Usually your provider will give you a pre-op diet but I did as my provider suggested -
For breakfast - orange juice
Dinner - slimfast
Tea - 500 cal meal max (found weight watchers meals easy)
Good luck on your op xx

Hi Dolly and :welcome2:to the forum x

There is a lot of information on this site and plenty regarding the pre-op diet, as Mandy says you need to make sure your following the guidelines set by your provider.

A lot of people found they don`t like `healthy` foods, but quite often your tastes can change, if there`s nothing else on the menu...your glad to have something to eat...and you do get used to the different tastes in time. :)

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Thanks girls

Been pre-opping for a week now and have lost 4.5lbs so far and with just 6 days to go till my band I'm hoping to shift the same again this week especially as since Monday I have completely cut carbs out.

I didn't really get allot if preop info from my provider & have been getting sooooo confused as everyone seems to be told different.

So Anyway this us what I've been having -
Breakfast - slimfast
Lunch - ww soup, muller light yogurt, pineapple
Mid aft - apple
Tea - last week ww meal this week just chicken on it's own or cheese omelette
Snacks - ww hot choc, strawberries, pot of low fat custard or petits filous

In total I've been having about 800-1000 cals per day & thanks to other people I've discovered the my fitness pal app which I think is fab for keeping track.

I'm not as hungry as what I thought be & I'm totally shocked that I haven't had any carb cravings cause bread and butter is my biggest downfall and could easily eat 4-6 slices when waiting for my tea to cook!!!!!

Eeeeeeek it's so exciting to see what the future has in store :)

Good luck to everyone else with the surgery :) x

Back