• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op confusion

nikki f

Hi guys was wondering if you could help me with something. I've just been given my pre op assesment date for 6th dec but I havent had a surgery date. I asked the lady who I booked the pre op with if she knew but she says no date scheduled .
Basically wanted to know how long after pre op assessment did you have your surgery??? How long is then pre op valid for???

Hi Nikki,
I was given both dates at the same time, but like most processes, each PCT and each hospital works differently.

BTW, my pre-op assessment is 29th Nov and op is 21 Dec.

Good Luck
SN

id say normally a month to 6 weeks xxx

I was given my date at the pre op assessment which was 4 weeks after pre op assessment x

Pre-ops results only last 8 weeks max (I had an op cancelled and rescheduled for 10 weeks later and had to have them done again)

Mine was 3 months- the tests only last for that long and would have to be re- done if it went over the 3 months x

Hi Nikki, it looks like you are almost there! I just got my call from Nuala to say I've got funding so I am following in your footsteps. Good luck at pre op x what can I expect from dietician and psychologist? I think in going for the sleeve x

Thanks guys really excited can't wait for my op so to be so close is amazing and thanks for your replies.

Rudders I had a phone psychologists appointment and was basically just general questions about my relationship with food and eating, how I'm preparing to cope with the change etc really quite simple and not as daunting as I imagined.
The dietician went through what the pre op diet is and how to introduce the golden rules into your lifestyle. I took a 2 week honest food diary so she could see what I eat and they help you discuss which op will help with your food relationship. It's all really helpful and imfornative. So glad you got your funding it's all go from here.
Xxx

I decided on a bypass because I've spent he past 30 years battling this problem and I want to loose maximum weight in quick time. Also my food habits seems to be around sweet stuff, pastry and pasta by having the bypass these are all things that I will have to practically eliminate due to my body processing it differently and nt being good e.g dumping.
I really think its the best tool to assist be in controlling my weight for the rest of my life.
Although I've heard such amazing success stories for the band I've also heard of people who have had a band then bypass due to insufficient results so I thought if I'm gonba go under the knife I should use the tool that is going to give me the best possible result.
But everyone is different and needs the surgery to help them with different issues.
My advice is research every surgery thoroughly and then decide. Also the surgeon and dietician will help and advise x

Back