• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op day 1 and emotions

petra1979

I have my op next week and was advised to do the preop diet for a week, my Bmi is 40 and I weigh 120kg

First time I'm going under the knife, I'm very nervous. But I know I need to do this to improve my chances of fertility.

I feel really emotional, is this normal?

It's totally normal to feel that way. It's also totally normal to feel emotional for a good few months after too. Good luck with it all :)

I have my op next week and was advised to do the preop diet for a week, my Bmi is 40 and I weigh 120kg First time I'm going under the knife, I'm very nervous. But I know I need to do this to improve my chances of fertility. I feel really emotional, is this normal?

I was scared witless before my op. That is very normal, unfortunately nothing anyone can say will help you just have to go through it. I can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I had made it in my head ( and I had a little complication) Good luck and go for it. I'm only 8 days post and don't regret it. X

I have my op next week and was advised to do the preop diet for a week, my Bmi is 40 and I weigh 120kg

First time I'm going under the knife, I'm very nervous. But I know I need to do this to improve my chances of fertility.

I feel really emotional, is this normal?

I am 61..I had a gastric band in October..
I have had numerous operations..too many to list..
I can honestly say this last op was a walk in the park..
Dont be afraid...easy to say I know..But with todays anaesthetics there are so safe..you are more likely to die being hit by a bus..:D
chin up...get on with the rest of your life xxx;)

Good luck Petra x

Glad to hear all has gone well for you -welcome to banded life :)
Didn't get to theatre till one due to having to retest my blood, all good during op although I'm
Still not convince it's actually happened lol taking healthy drinks of water and wind pain bearable should be home tomorrow :)

Today I feel like I've had an operation seems like I'm aching from inside out although the wind pain has almost gone and I'm not as bloated.

My wind pain is excruciating, can only sleep on my right side otherwise get referred pain to shoulder, not very nice a all :(

Back