• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op Diet - Day 10 - Surgery so close now !!!

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Pre-op Diet starts Sunday

Well it looks like its all green lights. :)

Just been to hospital and it looks like my date is now on for 14th October OMG.:eek:

Bloods taken, ECG, Blood Pressure, Height and Weight all ok so they now tell me to start pre-op diet on Sunday (14 days prior to operation). :jelous:

Did you every go through this and want to taste those last few treats before pre-op diet starts?

I know not to go mad but a last beer, pizza and a burger seems to be on the agenda............sure this is normal....isn't it? :wave_cry:

So for now I have 3 days left before all out to reduce my weight further and reduce that liver!!!! (not really a beer drinker anyway).

Agreed also to take part in survey regarding pre-op and bloods, they also take a bit of my liver for testing during operation, so no booze for me!!!!

Question still is am I 100% sure this Bypass is for me, well no is the answer..........99.5% sure and really don't think i'll every get to 100%? :confused:

Any feedback appreciated,:D

Cheers lol

Thanks

Mrs Quiggle

You go for it Bobby, I had about 6 last suppers before my pre-op started. I think if honest, most people do. Funny thing is, now I'm bypassed I don't miss any of it and I still have a little if I fancy it anyway. I can eat half a burger but not the bap and can manage about 4 chips so it's not all over lol.

Enjoy and then look forward to the rest of your life. Good luck with your journey.

Kate x

tartanlady

Hi Bobby good luck with your pre-op diet I agree that everyone wants that last blowout before this sort of operation as you wont ever get it again unless you want pain and sickness so a last meal is good I think to say bye bye to all. when i had my first procedure wayyyy back in the 90's I felt exactly the same and found the only thing i really missed was my gravy lol.

top_kat

I disagree with the above, not everyone does want a final blowout or a host of "last suppers".

I didn't ahead of my pre-op diet, I was working hard to get into the mindset of doing the milk diet that wasn't even suggested by my provider lol and I didn't want to add to what was already a problem in terms of weight and "binges".

Having said that, there's nothing wrong with wanting to, or doing so if that is what you want to do. Its a personal choice.

Im 5 weeks post op today and Im glad I made the decisions that I made and the way I have entered into this journey :)

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Thanks comments appreciated at least I know that "Last Supper Syndrome." is normal.
biggrin.png

Last couple of days to go and to be honest i'm not going overboard as you have said quite correctly, it will only be harder during pre-op diet.
ohmy.png

Bought my digital food scales today and pull box, so I really feel im getting closer.
My pre-op diet is based on solids and not liquids, and guess this will be harder to control, than just drinking liquids, but lets see
blink.png

Anyway, thanks a million.

tartanlady

Hi did not mean to imply everyone but am sure almost everyone thinks about it. I personally didnt when i had my first op in the 90's and couldnt do so now even if i wanted too as if i eat too much solid food I am sick as a pig.

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Pre-Op Diet - Day 1 - Harder than I thought!

Hi,

Started pre-op diet today, and mine is not based on milk, and its quite hard to keep on track.
ohmy.png

13 Days to go and counting!!! :talk017:

Day 1

Breakfast 10.30
Special K 30g
Banana One
Skimmed milk 100ml
Coffee with Skimmed milk One mug

Morning 11.30
Coffee with Skimmed milkOne mug
Water 200ml
eek.gif

Lunch 14.30
Chicken 75g
Mashed Potato 100g
Mixed green salad Cereal Bowl
Low calorie dressing One teaspoon
Water 200ml
eek.gif

Afternoon 16.30

Fat free yoghurt 125g
Water 400ml
eek.gif

Evening 18.30
Pasta plain bolied 30g
Mixed green salad Cereal Bowl
Low calorie dressing One teaspoon
Tinned Tuna not in oil 100g
Water 400ml
eek.gif

Night 21.00
Tinned fruit in juice 100g
Water 400ml
eek.gif

Night 23.00

From what I have read and seen on-line pre-op diets can vary quite a lot, but its hard work on preparation.:d'oh::d'oh:

Does this get easier Post-op?:sign0163:

Bobby

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Pre-Op Diet - Day 2 & 3 - Getting easier

Hi,

Day 3 of Pre-op diet, all going ok but still hard on preparation.
sad.png

Weighing every day now and have lost just under 8 lbs in 3 days........is this normal.

What is the normal?? weight loss during pre-op diet
huh.png

I know the focus is on the Liver reduction, but overall I think i'm doing ok.
Am I??????
confused.gif

DAY 2
Breakfast 9.00 Fat free diet yoghurt 125g Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Morning 10.30 Satsuma 2 small Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Lunch 12.00 Pasta plain bolied 30g Tinned Tuna not in oil 100g Mixed green salad Cereal bowl Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Afternoon 14.30 Banana One Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Evening 17.30 Chicken 75g Mashed Potato 100g Mixed vegetables 100g Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Night 20.00 Special K 30g Skimmed milk 100ml Tinned fruit in juice 100g Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses

DAY 3

Breakfast 9.30 Fat free diet yoghurt 125g Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Morning 11.30 Banana One Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Lunch 13.00 Pasta plain bolied 30g Poached salmon 75g Mixed green salad Cereal bowl Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Afternoon 14.30 Satsuma 2 small Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Evening 17.30 Poached salmon 75g Mixed green salad Cereal bowl Couscous 30g Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses
Night 21.00 Special K 30g Skimmed milk 100ml Coffee with Skimmed milk 260ml One mug Water 600ml Two glasses

Bobby

top_kat

Sounds good . . .avoid the daily weigh in tho! Your weight can fluctuate naturally by up to 5lbs a day, so choose day, do it once a week at the same time (usually first thing in the morning) and avoid the daily weigh ins. It can also be a torture on the mind if you don't lose something or if you gain one day . . which can be disheartening!

I don't think there's any "normal" on the pre op diet in terms of loss, will depend what one each person is following and how they do and how long they do it for.

I lost 17lbs on my 2 weeks :)

misselvis

hello
i dont know how much you are expected to lose on pre op diet
what is expectable when you have your last weight in
does anyone know

Paula Garner

It's more about depleting your glycogen stores from your liver, so it's easier for the surgeon to move during surgery. The weight loss is an added bonus, but it varies from person to person. I lost 17lb on the pre op diet.

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Hi

For me I am 10 days into my pre-op diet and have already lost 17lbs :) .

Surgery on Sunday so have to keep focused....and guess thats it. You have to stay focused and I do know that this isn't easy.

I found having regular small feeds helps, but most importantly drink lots of water with a little flavour, but you do need a bit of mind over matter. :bliss::bliss:

Found the only way to do this is to keep your mind on my goals and so use this time to read and record. :read:

We all enjoy delicious food,
Makes us happy, fixes our mood.
It's all about the juicy taste,
Food is good and tastes delicious,
Keeps you healthy, it's nutritious.
Food will also help you grow,
But nows the time to take it slow.

Its starting to really hit home that this surgery is going to happen and soon........omg

Bobby

babyseed

Good luck Bobby im having my bypass on saturday look forward to hearing how your getting on we can compare notes x

edge

Good luck Bobby and Babyseed,I'm having my bypass on Monday,so we are all around the same time!