• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days of pre-op diet.....Surgery day!

well done! It IS exciting! countdown to the new you! :D

I know what you mean I can't stop weighing myself, I'm obsessed. Keep your chin up, Karenx

Bother bother bother bother.....

I've just eaten a small spoonfull of Quorn cottage pie. Was serving the kids tea and chatting to them, I picked up a tea spoon and just shoved it in. I swallowed before I realised what I'd done. :mad:

I'm so cross with myself. It was mostly Quorn and hardly any potato so I'm hoping it doesn't mess things up.

I drank 2 large glasses of water straight after to flush it though. :eek:

Oh I'm so cross with myself, I know I technically didn't need to start my pre-op till tomorrow but I so wanted to do 10 days perfectly.

I can't believe I did it without even thinking, no wonder I'm having to have this surgery. :rolleyes:

I don't think one spoonful is going to make a difference! Don't beat yourself up too much!

It's funny the things we do automatically though....as the brad and wine were being passed aroun last night in chuch at communion time, I took both.

BUT I'm still on sloppys and white bread is a no-no! :eek: so after I'd taken it I had just one tiny nibble and one tiny sip!

Lol, don't worry hun, you will be fine. Can't believe the time has come around so quickly for your op though, I remember when we first started chatting on here. My op was 8 weeks ago today!!!! xxxx

Thats something i would do, it was only a spoonful don't beat yourself up hun your doing brilliantly keep going, it will be worth it, not long to wait now xxx

It's day 4!

Just had a lovely Asda delivery :rolleyes:

Slim fast, soup, slim fast, cup a soup, slim fast, soup, no added sugar squash oh and some small tims of beans as the no added sugar ones are on offer!

I have plenty of slim fast to get me though the next few days now and lots of soup for post op :8855:

On a good and exciting note the Lemon Meringue Slimfast is LUSH......:p

Oh and I've lost 7lb since Saturday! WOOHOO :D

I did the children a lovely rice dish for tea. One of my favourites, but also a favourite of my 6 year old sons!

I chomped away on a piece of chewing gum (very minty) to stop me picking!

It worked, not even a single grain fell into my mouth! :8855:

Yayyyyyyyyy day 4 is done, just off to help at Guides, then I can go to bed and add another tick to the calender.

Can't believe when I wake up tomorrow there will be less than 1 week to go!

Excellent and well done! It's going fast now!

Day 5 has come crashing apon me!

I'm shattered today, feel quite achey too.

I've only got before and after schoolies today (I'm a childminder). Think I might come back to bed for a nap after the morning school run! :cool:

This evening I have my pre-op appointment with the nurse. My sister is coming with me, my mum has offered to look after all 6 grandchildren as my partner is working away this week and my sisters hubby is on a late shift!

I've now lost 8lb and weigh less than I did at my last appointment. I hope to shift another 6lb on the pre-op so I can wave good bye to the first stone! :D

Have a good day folks. x

:)Great news on the 8lb loss:)

take it easy today & enjoy your appoint tonight-roll on Tuesday!

It's now day 6 and I'm still plodding on!

I had my pre-op assesment last night with the nurse and made my final payments (very scary!).

The assesment went well, she weighed me but it was on different scales to last time I was there so I didn't bother looking. I know what I have lost so far. She didn't mention what I was!

She took loads of blood, then a doctor came and took more. My sister joked that I'd probably lost another lb. :8855:

Now it's just a case of keeping myself busy over the weekend, and sticking to the diet. I'm still excited, wonder when the nerves will kick in!.

Good luck Lucy... you are doing so well.

Hoping you get to rest and relax over the weekend and take good care xxx

Love and hugs xxx

Day 7 done!

Just the weekend and Monday to get though now.

I haven't got the children this weekend as they are with their Dad. Me and my Ade normally have a take away and maybe eat out when we are child free.....not this weekend. :rolleyes:

I so wish I had a downstairs loo, I'm fed up with trecking up and down to wee. I'm drinking 3 litres of water a day and I'm sure 6 litres is coming out. :8855::8855:

Lucy, you have given me some hope for when i start my slim fast pre op :cool: your doing great!! :D

You have done brilliant Lucy, you are going to be done and dusted in a couple of days....woooooooooohoooooooooo Im excited for you X

Well done Lucy, you are doing so well, that is a brilliant loss hun. Not long now, I bet you are getting excited and nervous xxxxx

:)Fab loss:)

Back