• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op diet torment...

its a very long time for a pre-op diet, can't say I envy you!

Are you drinking plenty? That tends to help with energy levels and hunger.

I really sympathise and although I'm all smug and over the op. I really found the pre-op the worst. Doing it over a period of weeks must be really awful. I tried sleeping as much as possible, peppermint tea, spacing "meals", sugar free hot ribena type drinks. I would suggest thumping your fellow workers every time they talk about food but that would be wrong (ish).
Try to remain focussed and take it one day/hour at a time.
Best of luck.

Thanks guys - I did question the length on pre-op especially as so many of you guys were only on it for a week or two, but the answer I received was that it was my surgeons preference - I've met him, he's skinny, he'll never have to do the sodding milk diet! I tell ya, once this is all done, I am never drinking milk again - unless it's coconut milk and it's in a pina colada!

Are you saying that you are doing the milk diet for 5 weeks? That's not right surely - how can you function as a working member of society, I'm surprised you can even get up in the morning. Surely that cannot be right, that is totally cruel.

i agree its complete madness and no one should be on it that long !

I have to say I would question this with whoever is doing the op. You arn't majorly majorly overweight in WLS world. How can you function on so few calories for a month- and lack of minerals etc.. Are you sure he didn't say 5 days? This is awful Corey, I really really feel for you. You won't have the energy to punch co-workers who talk about food or anything.

Not only was it said - it was written down, so no mistaking the amount of time I am stuck on the diet. However, one saving grace is the option that I can do either milk or low calorie diet (salads and veggies galore), I initially chose the milk diet for it's simplicity and it takes all temptation out of the equation. However, after the way I have been feeling today - I think I will be following the other diet for the next fortnight - I'm worried though that I might overeat and the 17lbs I am lost on Milk will come piling back on

yeah would also love to know who your skinny surgeon is and whos your provider.?

and GIGANTIC HUGS

((((( Corey )))))

Hi
I know how you feel and it is fantastic you have done it this long - my diet sheet for the milk diet says this should not be followed for more than 2 weeks ??

HOwever after severe cramps and the trots for 4 days they changed me to a low carb portion controlled menu - and prob for the best i couldnt have survived like that with 3 kids and easter holidays talk about needing to stay near a loo !!

I am sure if you switch you will still have a great loss to add to your already fab one
good luck whatever you decide

xx

i am so sorry you are having to do so long on the milk diet, what a horrible consultant!!! i really feel for you. im only on day 2 of soup and jelly and finding it hard, well done for already doing it for so long what an achievement!

Hi Corey, I have my band on the same day as you. I don't have to start my pre op diet of 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts a day untill tuesday 21st april. 10 days in total so if I were you I would definately let the hospital know how you're feeling as this really is too long.
Take care xx Gaynor xx

Mr Farrukh H. Khan?
tried to look at their website but its down :(

What about one day on Milk diet and one day on Veggies etc. lowcal? I understand only too well your fear of undoing the good work you have done so far but with salad etc on every other day that is not going to happen - look at the cal maths. Really really feel for you Corey - also, as it's a Nuffield, that will be private will it not? Phone them and say it is making you ill?

Good, I'm glad you are contacting them. Keep us informed won't you, really hope they stop this unnecessary cruelty ASAP.

How are things today Corey?

Back