• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting Pre Op Diet

Priceless

Hello everyone,
I am new here so bare with me, I need to know what to do about the headaches, to the pre op diet.

Last edited:
Welcome! Why the sad face? Your Pre op diet is the start of great and exciting journey! Just make sure you drink enough water - about 2 ltrs a day, and just take paracetamol or similar if you get bad headache. They are short lived and usually disappear after day three in any case. Good luck. Tracey

Priceless said:
Hello everyone,
I am new here so bare with me, I need to know what to do about the headaches, to the pre op diet.:(

Hi I'm on day 6 and did have a headache day 3 but it soon went, I am drinking loads and I really think that is helping, so keep drinking as much fluid as possible.

Thanks, Tracey and 67jax
I am so new at this and learning as I go. I have not meet with the diet.. yet to find out what is required on the pre op but it is already getting hard. I have severe headaches to begin with and to add this. What is paracetamol can I buy over the counter for these headaches?

Priceless said:
Thanks, Tracey and 67jax
I am so new at this and learning as I go. I have not meet with the diet.. yet to find out what is required on the pre op but it is already getting hard. I have severe headaches to begin with and to add this. What is paracetamol can I buy over the counter for these headaches?

Yes any chemist or supermarket will sell paracetamol.

I suffer from terrible headaches and migraines but am now on day 10 of my pre op milk diet. I found the worse day for me was mid way through day 3. I took paracetemol which didn't help but moved onto a stronger painkiller that I have for my migraines. To be honest, it was the sleep that helped get rid of this, and it is just the body changing over. From that point, I have only had one headache and that was day 6, but because I hadn't drunk enough milk or water during the day.

Stay hydrated as much as you can and this will help. but buy an over the counter treatment, think where you are it would be something like advil?

Today is day 7 for me and it's not going well. Yesterday the headache was really bad and the dizziness yesterday and today have been awful, I've not been able to go out at all and I've had to stop all dairy...(not good :().

I've got to give the dietician a call as my blood sugar are dipping a little. On the up side I have lost 19lbs :D

I like your surgery day. That is the same as mine. I just have one question. What are you really 13 feet and 7 inches tall? If that is true you are under weight.... I am from Georgia, where is Streatham?

I like your surgery day. That is the same as mine. I just have one question. What are you really 13 feet and 7 inches tall? If that is true you are under weight.... I am from Georgia, where is Streatham?

Hi Priceless, thanks for the heads up I need to change that, I'm 5' 4"....lol. Streatham is in South London.

I like the date too :), can't wait.

Hey we will have to keep up with each other and our progress. Because we will be going in on the same day to have the same surgery.

HSM in waiting said:
Today is day 7 for me and it's not going well. Yesterday the headache was really bad and the dizziness yesterday and today have been awful, I've not been able to go out at all and I've had to stop all dairy...(not good :().

I've got to give the dietician a call as my blood sugar are dipping a little. On the up side I have lost 19lbs :D

Wow 19lbs, that's amazing, well done.

HSM in waiting said:

Not great to be feeling so poorly though, I had to stop milk as it was making me sick, I'm only managing about 500 cals a day but seem to feel ok on it. I only feel a bit funny when I first wake up but once I've had a Slimfast shake I feel ok.
HSM how much longer have you got ?
I hope you feel much better soon xx

Back