• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op diet torment...

Corey I'm worried about you doing this for so long. Post op you're going to need to be well and I feel that this long on milk diet is taking it out of you.You should have been building up your strength for the op and then doing the milk for a maximum of 2 weeks to shrink your liver. Your recovery post op is going to suffer if you're so run down from this. Have a good meal and start it again on tuesday with me lol. xx Gaynor xx

Hi

Thanks for all your messages - I am eating and oh it's sooooo good! I am watching what I eat, breakfast is 3 tablespoons of All Bran, a salad for lunch and a jacket spud with some low cal filling - like cheese (reduced fat and only the size of small matchbox), I am so much happier - actually I weighed myself this morning, was the same as yesterday (scales can be such b*tches sometimes), but after a hard day slogging away in the garden was 2lb lighter this evening.

I have my pre-op assessment on Wednesday so am going to discuss all this with whoever it is I am seeing, will be interesting to see what they say.

Corey,
When I was banded I was on the milk diet and at preop assessment they discovered I was low in potassium, I was very poorly felt like I was going to pass out all the time, light headed and sicky.
As said previously you need strength to help you post op, and the milk diet in my experience is quite depleting.

Good luck with your op, but make sure your team are aware of how you have been feeling..x

So glad you are eating Corey, was quite worried when you weren't here yesterday. Thought you might be passed out somewhere with one hand reaching for the computer.

:happy096:Hi Corey, well done for eating. I bet you never thought you'd hear that did you ??? You need strength for post op as I said in the last post I sent you otherwise your recovery is going to be really hard.
Take care xxGaynor xx
:eating::eating:

Thanks guys - am really pleased to be eating again - my stomach no longers thinks my throat has been cut, and my OH is happy because I am no longer biting his head off everytime he exhales.

There is one problem however now that I am eating - I was getting used to going to bed at 10pm and falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow totally and utterly exhausted. Now here I am at 11:10 wide awake, thinking I should get out of my PJs, put my dancing gear on and go out clubbing!!

Back