• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet

Leanne H

hi every1 i'm new! due for my op next month but i don't really know much about the pre op diet cos the hospital haven't sent me any details yet, any clues?:confused:

They will send you details near the time. I got my 10 day milk and yogurt diet the day before i was due to start it. That night i went out for my last family curry meal.

Goodluck

Mech

:welcome:

Where are you having your op? Mine is tomorrow at Sunderland and I've been on the milk diet but I think Newcastle do the milk diet too:

2-3 pints milk
2 diet yogurts
3-4 portions of fruit
sugar free jelly (optional)
1 bowl veg soup - pref home made (no potatoes or lentils)

I've found it really easy. The first 3 days were hard and my head was killing me but I've been fine since x

I can only have...

3 Pints of milk
400g of low fat yogurt a day.

This is for 10 days.. now 5 days in. Found it ok, but once i can eat again i will never have another yogurt in my life..lol

The weight loss is amazing, 13lbs in 5 days :)

My op is at Thornbury in Sheffield.

Mech

Mechlsd said:
I can only have...

3 Pints of milk
400g of low fat yogurt a day.

This is for 10 days.. now 5 days in. Found it ok, but once i can eat again i will never have another yogurt in my life..lol

The weight loss is amazing, 13lbs in 5 days :)

My op is at Thornbury in Sheffield.

Mech

I was on that diet....I found it easier having choice taken away :) and it didn't put me off milk strangely! What op are you having? Is it with the lovely mr ackroyd? I was up the road at Claremont in sheff x

No its with Mr Pattel. Only had one comment on here that he is good, so i know nothing about him. Have tried checking up on him but i fail to find info.

Mr Ackroyd has a great checkable past, so would have been more at ease if he was doing it. But i guess i am lucky getting it done fullstop.

The op i am having is the full bypass, which i think suits me best. I have a high pain freshold, so that part does not worry me. The part i am very scared about is making it off the table alive, but i think this is common with most people, and the benifits out weight that.

Mech

Mechlsd said:
No its with Mr Pattel. Only had one comment on here that he is good, so i know nothing about him. Have tried checking up on him but i fail to find info.

Mr Ackroyd has a great checkable past, so would have been more at ease if he was doing it. But i guess i am lucky getting it done fullstop.

The op i am having is the full bypass, which i think suits me best. I have a high pain freshold, so that part does not worry me. The part i am very scared about is making it off the table alive, but i think this is common with most people, and the benifits out weight that.

Mech

Yes work on turning that worry into excitement! This is truly life changing....all for the better! Think by Christmas what the new you will look like!! :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I am a mature student at Hallam Uni, just finished my second year. I am completly changing my life with the backing and support of my wife and family.

In August i start a 1 year placement for the NHS on fullwood road..lol. Very near where i will be having my bypass done, i believe.

Then in September 2013 i go back to Uni. At the moment i am the fatest in the class, and the oldest..lol. What spurs me on is returning to Uni a new slimmer me! I so want this to happen. This is my happy thought!

Thankyou for the kind words Jo :)

Mech

Mechlsd said:
I am a mature student at Hallam Uni, just finished my second year. I am completly changing my life with the backing and support of my wife and family.

In August i start a 1 year placement for the NHS on fullwood road..lol. Very near where i will be having my bypass done, i believe.

Then in September 2013 i go back to Uni. At the moment i am the fatest in the class, and the oldest..lol. What spurs me on is returning to Uni a new slimmer me! I so want this to happen. This is my happy thought!

Thankyou for the kind words Jo :)

Mech

You're welcome......I wish you all the best....blimey..be prepared to get double takes and even blanked by September....it's mad when it happens but I love it too :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Lol.. i have pre-planned that and told everyone about what i am having done, even at the placement interview. Everyone knows who speaks to me.. So hopefully that will stop most of it. Also i have plastered it on my FB and keep a posting my pre-op milk and yogurt diet weight loss. :D

Mech

Lol.. i have pre-planned that and told everyone about what i am having done, even at the placement interview. Everyone knows who speaks to me.. So hopefully that will stop most of it. Also i have plastered it on my FB and keep a posting my pre-op milk and yogurt diet weight loss. :D

Mech

WEll done you, changing your life all together then, not an easy job to do but you are doing it well done. Some people only dream of doing it and just dont have the motivation to go out and acheive it well done, good luck with the journey i'm sure you will do well you are one amazing chap. xx ;):D

Back