• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

What diet are you doing?

It does get better, I promise :) It's boring but you get used to it in a couple of days.

Good luck! x

Low calorie, I have had carrot sticks salad and a veg stew, it's a low sugar low fat and low starch diet, reduces water and uses up the stored energy in the liver (or so I read) I think day 3 and I will be in ketosis lol

That's right, it's to reduce the size of your liver and the weight loss is a bonus :) all pre op diets are boring but I think what you're doing is better than 3 weeks of milk and yogurt diet I had to do! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Do you eat meat or fish? I ate a lot of chicken, poached cod and veggies on my pre-op diet! It'll be over in no time and if you do go into ketosis remember to drink lots of water to flush everything through. Good luck x

Good to know! The diet plan that Salford gave me does include lean meat, we are weighing all the foods prior to me eating them so I know I am following the plan.
I intend to follow it to the letter as I have struggled with my weight for years, 2 weeks is do-able ;) just having a whinge lol

Also I am scared that if I slip, prof ammori will refuse the bypass, I have quit smoking also! :)

It's probably the same one I did under Prof lol High protein, low sugar, low fat - my post op eating plan has been pretty much the same so it was good practice! If you've managed to stay off the ciggies the pre-op is a breeze!

Did you have surgery at Salford? If so what kind? And how was it, doing it alone as we live in mid wales, just too far for the wife and kids to come

Sophies_dad said:
Did you have surgery at Salford? If so what kind? And how was it, doing it alone as we live in mid wales, just too far for the wife and kids to come

I had a gastric plication at Spire Manchester on 31st August. Discharged next day and apart from a bit of discomfort for a few days I was fine. I went to stay with my parents for a couple of days post op until I felt ok self-injecting the Heparin, but managed fine when I went home.

It is really hard to follow.
I won't lie, I had a couple of hiccups but jumped straight back on the wagon.
One of my friends didn't do anything...in fact she ate everything going!!!
NOT a good idea though.
I found Hot water with slices of lemon helped curb the appetite a hell of a lot.
I also found Cheddar boxes, you get 8 in a packet and they weigh 18g each and seeing as you're allowed 60g you can have 3.
I would slice a pitta in half, spread with tomato paste, add the cheese and toast it and have a massive side salad.
Very tasty and filling.
Ultimately though, you will get there!

Thank you all, day 3 and its not so bad ;) stuck to the plan and I have not sidestepped. Nerves are kicking in now though :(
Again thanks for the encouragement

Good to hear :) hang in there! And all the weight you'll lose now is a bonus and they wont come back on. It's sooo worth it when your trousers fall to your ankles 10 days post op lol xxx

I am on day 12 of the milk diet, and I agree, you do get used to not eating - I have 3 pints of milk and 2 yoghurts a day - and am dreaming of toast! 2 more days and then the operation for my sleeve on saturday ... getting nervous now!
Susie

Things are happening so fast for me too. Can't wait. Keep going it will be worth it in the end "promise"
LOL love the trousers round the ankles post :-D

good luck xxxx

Good, not even sidetracked! Getting anxious but also excited at the same time. The Pre op diet I am on seems good, just loads of veg and salad plenty of soup, just started week 2 of the diet today and I have lost a stone :)

Back