• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

get well soon x

Soon :) very soon! First week is tough, second week is much easier compared, third week you only feel it when you poke it hehe. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

True. I stopped taking painkillers on 10th day or so if that helps.

Thanks that's comforting, feels like my insides have had a fight with a cheese grater lol I will keep taking the pain relief :)

Sophies_dad said:
Just one more question,when lying down I can not lift my head up is this normal?

I wouldn't have thought so. I struggled getting out of bed due to the wounds hurting etc and everything did feel very 'heavy' and was a real effort for at least a fortnight. If you're worried or in pain ring the team tomorrow Steve.

It may be difficult for you to lift your head up because you use your abdominal muscles to do this from lying. My advice would be to sleep in a slight upright position. Then when you want to get up, roll onto your side first then use your arm underneath you to push yourself up into sitting.

Sophies_dad said:
Just one more question,when lying down I can not lift my head up is this normal?

Steve,when I had my op just over 3weeks ago,I was in hospital for 3nights,you weren't in long at all.the hospital bed was a godsend cos it did the work for you,pack at least 4pillows behind you,the pain will be much easier,and you will be able to lift your head without too much pressure on your stomach muscles,keep taking pain meds,at your stage now I was only just coming out of hospital,I still felt like crap,remember every day you will feel a bit better.Don't be afraid to ring your team if you have any worries,that's what they are there for,hoping you feel better soon.xx

Today I feel a lot better, still struggling with wind pain after every mouthful of fluid, thanks for the info guys
Steve

Wow! 1 week since bypass and my t shirts feel massive on me, it's been 3 weeks in total with the Pre op diet but I can put my socks on without feeling like a cripple I have lost the 'gut' that used to hang out of my t shirts..... Onwards and upwards :)

well done

Fab! Well done :) you know what the best thing about what you lose during pre op? It's gone for good!!! X

Back