• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet

Wobbly71

Hi everyone

Have my first appointment on Thursday so starting to get a bit of info from here.

For the pre-op diet what do you have? I don't like milk on its own??

I like slimfast shakes is this an option x

Hi

Do you know it's definitely milk? Some hospitals have various pre-op diets, mixing milk and l/f yog, some a very low cal/carb diet. I had the option for 4 pints of semi milk a day or unlimited l/f yog, I chose milk, can't alternate days either for mine. You can also generally have no sug jelly, squash and milk shake flavouring. I really like having the milk with a dash of vanilla essence and sweetener. You may also be able to have bovril and stock cubes which give a nice savoury kick in the day.

As far as I know slim fast will be a no no as it does contain sugar and carbs and the pre-op is generally for shrinking the liver so the body using up the glucose or something from this organ, so you shouldn't consume anything with this in.

Hope that was a bit of help?

You should definently contact your hospita. I had my band on Friday with THG
And I was alowed to do herbalife (shakes) for 2 weeks before the op.

agree with Tracy, everywhere seems to vary

Hi
I have started my pre-op diet today and I had a choice of a prescribed 800 cal a day diet, but I have chosen the other option which is 4 slim fasts a day as then I don't have to worry about food at all. I can combine the two diets if I Wang
As well on different days.

All hospitals seem different which is interesting. F you want to slim fast it maybe worth asking.

Back