• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre/ Post op milk!

chummy

HELP...... Can anyone tell me if the milky drinks pre/post op should be made with full fat milk? Or is it possible to use soya milk? I have a big problem with the smell of milk and can just manage skimmed milk.

Cheers

Semi skimmed or skimmed.

Don't know about soya, but I suspect it's the low sugar one.

This is about weight loss ;)

Yes, thanks for that.

Just wondered if it was full fat for the liquid diet. Obviously reduced calories = weight lose. I don't want the full fat I can't stand it, it stinks!!!

I will look into this further at consultation.

But if there are any vegans or veggies out there that might know re soya I would be grateful for any advice.

No, its skimmed or semi skimmed but certainly not full fat. Some places say semi due to the need for calories, some say it doesn't matter. I only drink skimmed as I find the rest too creamy and fatty and blegh,

That's good to hear. It was a concern as I thought to keep up protein / nutrients whilst on a liquid diet I might need to drink the smelly stuff!!!!

Cheers all. X

Hi chummy. I went with st georges and my pre op diet stated in writing that I could have either semi skimmed or soya so yay for you! I have lacto free milk so im sure there is wiggle room with your provider for soya

Xx gl with the diet

Back