• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Started . . .

hsmel

Well countdown begins today ready for big day next Tuesday. Not sure I am going to like this as I am not a big semi skimmed milk fan and I have been told milk, sugar free jelly, lots of water and one salty drink per day. My saving grace may be the NAS fruit squash as I am not that keen on just water either! :rolleyes: I am feeling this could be a long week . . . :sigh:

I'm starting mine today but my diet is slightly different as its clear soups...... however not sure about this so i think i'm gonna be a very grumpy person for the next 2 wks !!!

I am only allowed to have one jelly as far as I am aware . . best check I suppose. Not that jelly is that inspiring tho!!:D

ooo good luck sweetpea! im sending lots of luck... x

Good luck you guys.... it really really is worth it!! I had a tiny liver & my surgery was far less complicated than those who had big livers!

You CAN do this. xxxx

I am only allowed to have one jelly as far as I am aware . . best check I suppose. Not that jelly is that inspiring tho!!:D

you can also make milky coffee with your milk. Or try NAS Crusha milk shake syrup. Can you have diet coke etc? I was allowed that too.

OMG I love Crusha milkshake - did not realise they do a no added sugar one. This could be my salvation :D I am going out shopping this afternoon and will look for it! What about this salty drink business . . not really looking forward to an oxo cube or marmite/bovril is there ANY other alternative you clever people know!?

Thanks.

Don't forget you can make milk jelly. I've never done it but if you ask on a thread someone will tell you. Apparently it tastes a bit like a mousse... Crusha i have only ever found in strawberry flavour but it is delish xx

Mel did they now allow you to have yoghurt, I was allowed 2 yoghurt a day too and I had my op are Harrow?

Milky coffee - pretend you are having a coffee latte:rolleyes:

Hi Mary . . Yup I can substitute some of the milk with yoghurt and I will pretend I am having latte when I have my morning coffee! I am not a milk drinker so this is really quite hard . . but hey ho I dont want a big liver that Shaw Somers has to fight with to find my stomach!!! I want a little one like Linzi - so I am being good however hard it is.

Note to Mary - Elaine and the dietician (a name I cant say) send their regards!

Remember we are sharing Shaw Somers..... OK ...... LOL, he is worth getting slim for ehhhh:):):)

OMG the milk diet is making me lose my mind!!!

Day three now and I am being good although finding it hard to actually consume the sheer volume of milk and water necessary. However I am concerned by my lack of ability to concentrate. Had another busy day which is good and took daughter no 2 to a teach in day with the horses - left at ten back at four so quite busy..... but ... in the course of the day decided my driving was a bit iffy (seem to have slightly slower reactions than normal) and ... I have lost my mobile phone:mad:!! Only got it three weeks ago :cry:

Oh dear home for a jelly and cup of salty soup. Hey ho!

Good Luck to you :) I start my two weeks on soup and jelly tomorrow. Am very nervous, mostly about how miserable I am going to be and how that will impact on my lovely family!!

Hi Dell and Suga - thanks for posting. To be honest Dell it is not as bad as I thought. Are you doing the milk diet or just soup and jelly? The milk actually makes me quite full (and all that water!) I have felt better today - far less lightheaded. I think the caffiene withdrawal is the worst for me as I am such a mega coffee drinker but I dont like it without two sugars so I am tending not to drink the milky coffee I was told I could have. The soup I have is SO boring - just tastes like salty chicken stock - but do you know I actually look forward to it now each evening (save it as a treat with a yoghurt for 'dinner'). So for all you just starting - REALLY good luck and it aint that bad eh!!

Back