• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op the end is in sight.

fjsinc

I'd like to share my joy and pride that I am hours away from the end of my pre-op diet. Not a single piece of food has passed my lips in 15 days. I feel so proud that I've done it, and I feel like I've proved to myself that I have the strength to make the very best of the surgery post-op. Pride is definitely an emotion I dont normally associate with food!

I've lost 16 lbs too, which is a nice bonus.

I'm properly frightened about the op tomorrow.

Goog for you. I am strangely looking forward to my pre op diet as I know that's the end of the beginning and the start of a new life. Well donex

Well done on your losses that shows you certainly shrunk that liver ready for tomorrow. As for being frightened I don't think there's one of us that's not been frightened before the op . We are all aware of the risks & the rewards of these ops. Somehow I was calm & prepared & whilst the fears nibbled at the back of my mind I was surprised at just how calm I was. I hope this is the same for you. Tomorrow is the end of the beginning but also the start of a whole new journey to a slimmer, healthier, happier you. I have not regretted the surgery & have gained a whole new life let alone wardrobe. Take heart & put those fears to one side as much as possible ready to embrace this new journey. You've done your preparation well so take that focus & determination on to the next step & enjoy.

I found the pre-op and sticking to it, helped me get into the right mindset for what was to follow after surgery - well done to you! :)

Well done - I've another 3.5 days on my preop diet (not counting Fri itself as won't be eating then) though mines the low cal one. Although its been tough at times I'm getting through and like you for the first time am proud of myself got achieving something food/eating wise.

I'm trying to avoid reading statistics etc about the op as I'm getting very nervous but am most definitely having it!!

Good luck with yours and once you reach the losers bench can you leave a little gap so I can join you on Friday xx

Well done on you, it's one of the hardest parts of the process, if you can do the pre op then you are strong enough to get on with the next bit. Best of luck for your op, let us know how you get on when you can x

Thank you all, up super bright and early. About to start my 2 and half hour journey to Chichester.

Well done and good luck xxxx

All done and dusted. Very sore, but beginning to feel more like me.

Excellent, nice to see you back xx

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench :)

Got home yesterday afternoon. Nice to be home, but feel like my brain is in a fog. Been pleased with my recovery so far, but today having a few "what have I done" moments. It's all so new, and I know it's going to take time to get used to my new plumbing.

Congrats fjsinc!! You will need to change your badge now to Post Opper hehe. Its always good to get back home, I think you heal better there :). Take it easy hun x

Oh yeah! So I do. Pretty happy with how I'm healing, but I'm such a fidget bum I want to get going. LOL, first thing I said when I came around from the anaesthesia was "can I get up".

Hi fjsinc,
I had my RNY the day after you (20th). I got home yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not in any pain and I feel that good I feel lie I could go to town...lol I've lost 2stone already. How are you doing??
Maz xx

Back