• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op tomorrow!

MelD

Hi all,

I have got my Pre-op tomorrow! I am scared!!! I don't know what to expect, I have a phobia of needles and I am worried I have gained weight!!! What do they do at a Pre-Op????

Hi Mel,

At my pre-op it was a case of fill in a list of yes/no boxes for all sorts of conditions, MRSA swabs, blood pressure, heart rate and O2 levels. Given pre-op wash lotion for morning of op. If necessary have ECG and chest xray.

Then in to see Dr who was checking head would tit back enough, checked abdo soft, looked at neck veins (for lines if needed). Told would be referred to anaesthetist as am asthmatic and they may want to see me before I'm admitted rather than on morning of surgery.

If it had been within 2 weeks I'd also have had bloods taken but too soon so have got forms to take to GPs next week!

Tatiana

Just had a call for my preop at 4pm today! No time to panic lol. sure it's nothing to worry about, bloods etc...fill you in tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had mine done last week. Full medical history, mrsa swabs, ECG, bloods, blood pressure, stats, weighed and calf measured for socks. All done within 2 hours and now just waiting for my date. :)

hiya hun dont worry its nothing, and if u feeling nervous imagine ya new body the slim sexy you, the nice clothes etc etc will take any worries out of head. most hossies have diffo ways they do pre op. mine was at srh where i went in answered lots ?s like wats ya d.o.b any illnesses etc then i got weighed on scales i would be weighed on whilst in hossie.blood pressure and blood sample taking. nurse knew i was scared needles so didnt say small scratch and i never knew she had did it lol . then had ecg went bk to nurse were she checked al was ok with weight and ecg then i got told all okay for op. wasnt nothing to be worried about but like u i was so anxious felt sick. hope all goes well and not long till you on losers bench. xx

Just had a call for my preop at 4pm today! No time to panic lol. sure it's nothing to worry about, bloods etc...fill you in tonight!!

Good luck for this afternoon, honey although I am sure you won't need it xx :):)

Thx all x

all they did was weigh me (10lb off since last wed...shock) take my height, measure calves for stockings, take bloods, Mrsa swab nose and groin, blood pressure n pulse check n lots of questions as health screening...as the meerkat says SIMPLES!!! I'm in for op at 2pm on tue..woop woop!!!!! x

Back