• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre ops

mandyl

hi
can anyone tell me what happens at pre ops?
bit worried about the mrsa swab as i was in hospital last week. sorry if im being silly. xx

Of course you're not being silly Mandy.:hug99: At the pre op they will simply take your BP, bloods, ECG and maybe a lung function test. The MRSA swabs are nothing to worry about - they just put little cotton buds in your nostrils (not right up, just around the edge) and in the crease at the top of your leg. It's all very quick. When I went we chatted the whole way through and it was very casual and friendly. It's not often you get a full MOT so its all very reassuring. Take care, Mxx

I was going to comment but it would be like an echo.

Exactly what Marion said :D
lol mixman
had mrsa swab at hospital just was worried i might have got it whislst i was there? sorry bit dim xx

for me pre op was bloods mrsa swabs and meeting with dietician anethsatist [sp] surgeon and nurse it took about 2 hrs i didnt have to have and ecg type tests tho but cant say weather you would need that or not

thanks serenty
the amount of ecgs ive had in 3 months lol. dont mind anything though. nothings changed except i know have gallstones and have lost 6kgs since may. xx

hi mandy have you got your date now?

I will be at st richards on 12 oct so if anyone wants to meet up lets do it

Back