• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pregnancy and the sugar drink

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
i may have posted this in the wrong section but i know there a sugar drink u have when ur preggy to se of you have gestational diabetes, im guessing that with havin the bypass its not a good idea for me to have this!! so what do i do? xx

thank u xx

Hi Claudia

They would check your urine first, then maybe a blood test. Dont worry about it, if you get told you need that test just explain you have had a bypass.

How are you feeling? good I hope x

Yup they can do it without using the glucose tolerance test. You may need to be firm with them though, I have heard of other post op pregnant mums being forced to do it.

When I was knocked up with Charlie I just said it was medically unsafe for me to do the test and they left it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

''Knocked up with Charlie'' oh Shel i never expected you to say that lol...

Why would they give you a GTT Claudia? Were you diabetic pre op? I had GTT with all three of my pregnancies but i was morbidly obese.....

Up the duff? Heavy with child? All blown up on baby? Had a conception malfunction? Riding the baby train? ;)

Some areas do it as standard with pregnancy, or atleast they used to when I had my first bun in the oven.

like shell bell sed some areas its general test, and all women in my family from my mother side had diabeties xx

well i saw midwife and she had no idea what the other test if, if anyone can please tell me i would be very grateful.

thanks xx

Will ask my midwife friends and get back to you.

Shelbel, you were ''with child'' lol x

Me i was knocked up with a blooming big bun in the oven lol xx

Back