• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preop diets

Meggie

Hey,
Just a quick and weird question. Could I have one pancake on a pre-op diet? Made with skimmed milk. And only have a very thin layer of low fat spread. What do you reckon? I'm starting to struggle!! I know it's only 3 more weeks and I KNOW I HAVE to do it but am having a hard day!!!!

I was not aloud any chewable food at all on mine, fluid and soup only.

One of my pre-op diets is 800 - 1000 calories a day of real chewable food. I have the choice of 5 diets that I can use. x

How many calories do you think is in a pancake? I'm allowed milk, flour and eggs on my pre-op. I hadn't even thought about having one but my sister mentioned she was having some and now I'm craving them!!! Hahahaha!!

How many calories do you think is in a pancake? I'm allowed milk, flour and eggs on my pre-op. I hadn't even thought about having one but my sister mentioned she was having some and now I'm craving them!!! Hahahaha!!

One pancake would be approx 100cals, maybe less if made with skimmed milk. Are you on a rigid diet and can only eat certain foods or just counting calories?

One pancake would be approx 100cals, maybe less if made with skimmed milk. Are you on a rigid diet and can only eat certain foods or just counting calories?

Meant to be 1000 cals or lower and only certain foods. I'm just gonna avoid it!!

didn't realise you were on food thought it was liquid. If you are allowed those things then maybe a pancake would be ok no sugar or anything on it though.

I would say NO - you need to be firm with yourself and make a stern commitment to the new you going forward, the pre op diet is a means to an end and you will regain a type of normailty longer term, but for now you have to stay firm and be strong.

Remember - a moment on the lips a life time on the hips !

Back