• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preparing the Family for my op?

Thanks Mermaid, I think I will be doing as you have. I've been ill for a lonmgtime and have to be careful not too put too much onto my daughter. Good luck with your ongoing losses. Debs

Gaynor thanks for sharing your thoughts and so close to your op! I know it will go well and it is the best thing anyone of us can undertake. Good luck for the 18th! Debs xx

Thanke Pinky. Hope your Mum is ok with it all now. Mine came with me for my consultation nad was really supportive. This was a bit of a gamble but I wanted her to really understand what can be done and why. Good luck for the future.

Debs

Thanks Halve me. Appreciate your coometns and help. Debs

Hi Debs

Good luck with your op.

I guess Ive been incredibly lucky - I had my Bypass on 16th April and having been overweight in various degrees for the whole of my 47 years, everyone I told - family, friends and work have been nothing but hugely supportive and complimentary. Today is my first day back at work and my boss has been so lovely!

I can only speak from my own experience - I had my bypass on the NHS, lapriscopically, was only in hospital for 48 hours but spent a mandatory 24 hours in ITU which was fabulous (can highly recommend it!!!). The pain was minimal (I dumped pain killers after 5 days) and I am going from strength to strength.

I cant advise you what to say to your children as I have none but they will need to understand that Mum wont be able to eat all the foods she could before and what she does eat will be much smaller quantities - however on the plus side, she is going to lose her excess weight which will make her really happy and get loads of energy so she can keep up with them!

Hope this helps!

Back