• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

primary bilary cirrhosis and bypass surgery

Heah

Does anyone know if pbc would cause a problem for someone waiting for a gastric bypass??

I just googled this disease, I don't know the answer, but it scarily says you will probably need a liver transplant within 10 years. I don't know if having a lower fat diet will actually help you?
My neice had a transplant at a year old, she is now 9 and doing great!

What does your hospital say about it affecting the chance of surgery?

It is a liver disease. I was wondering if this forum had anyone who suffered with it who has had a bypass. Would be really interested to know. If not it looks like it may be me passing on info for others diagnosed with it. X

Heah said:
It is a liver disease. I was wondering if this forum had anyone who suffered with it who has had a bypass. Would be really interested to know. If not it looks like it may be me passing on info for others diagnosed with it. X

Oh gosh I'm sorry I have no idea if noone knows I will ask my sis if she knows she's a nurse who works with the surgeon who's doing my op so al get her to ask him Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Your very welcome I will text her in the morning and get back to you Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Back