• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private barium swallow or endoscopy

amelia2311

Hey guys, I've had a really slow loss and surgeon has suggested getting an endoscopy and/or barium swallow to see if there is a problem with anatomy. Has anyone had it done privately in UK?
My surgery was in Turkey and they've said they will do the tests and any 'fixes' there if I want and I'm sure it will be more economical and done more quickly. I just don't want to travel un necessarily with Covid. So looking at all options.

Hey guys, I've had a really slow loss and surgeon has suggested getting an endoscopy and/or barium swallow to see if there is a problem with anatomy. Has anyone had it done privately in UK?
My surgery was in Turkey and they've said they will do the tests and any 'fixes' there if I want and I'm sure it will be more economical and done more quickly. I just don't want to travel un necessarily with Covid. So looking at all options.
Sorry I can’t help but wanted to say good luck

@amelia2311 hi Amelia, what surgery did you have done in turkey?

As I was told how much weight do you have to lose has an effect on how fast you will lose. So what is your start weight if you don’t mind sharing.

I had 9 stones to lose so my weight was fast at first but as I get smaller the rate of loss is slowing.

I will always opt to stay in UK to get treatment especially now in Covid. If you have complications from surgery, maybe speak to your GP as you may be able to get investigations at least on the NHS. Always worth asking.

Back