• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed that DaisyMaesy is being reprimanded for this, time and time again I have seen other members suggest to new ones that if they play the games it will help them get to post 50 quicker.
"Play the game" is exactly what these threads ask them to do, they are games that you have encouraged us to join in with when we are reading through the posts.

Again was not reprimanded for the suggestion to "Play the game", but in the way she spoke to Mini.

Pierce

DaisyMaesy was not "punished" for her suggestion, but in the manner that she spoke to Mini.

Pierce

Pierce, do you really think that Daisy Maesy was so rude or aggressive to Mini to justify the public outcry and public punishment from Mini?

I think that she was in fact just very frustrated at being told she had flouted rules.....rules that we have all flouted (which was my point).

At the end of the day, this spat is none of my business but for what it's worth and on this ocassion, I have to support Daisy Maesy and feel that Mini's public outburst far outweighs any "crime committed" .

I won't make any further comment as I trust you as a MODERATOR to deal with this fairly and professionally.

Pierce, do you really think that Daisy Maesy was so rude or aggressive to Mini to justify the public outcry and public punishment from Mini?

Yes, if Mini didn't do it I would of done it.

To clarify, it was this line:

Wind your necks in a bit and please let people ask reasonable questions and reply with reasonable balanced answers not accusations of abuse.

That got her infracted. I will not tolerate such language towards Mini or any moderator on here.

I think that she was in fact just very frustrated at being told she had flouted rules.....rules that we have all flouted (which was my point).

At the end of the day, this spat is none of my business but for what it's worth and on this ocassion, I have to support Daisy Maesy and feel that Mini's public outburst far outweighs any "crime committed" .

I won't make any further comment as I trust you as a MODERATOR to deal with this fairly and professionally.

Again it wasn't about flouting the rules, I have seen many threads about members telling others to post more to bulk up their post count on word games to get to 50 posts, but I have not seen it in the context of PM's, only in the context of more signature space, avatars and viewing profiles.

Even the words "Play the game" I have never seen used. To me this just like direct manipulation of the systems we have in place here.

Pierce

I too think the punishment and the public flogging is a bit OTT,

I don't think daisy was rude or abusive but was merely defending her earlier post. She wasnt swearing or being rude in my opinion
I was also told when i joined to play the word association games to get my 50 posts, x

i think its ott too - i find it disgusting that you treat her in this way just because she disagrees with how you handle new members - everybody is entitled to there opinion and she was only trying to explain that mini had took her earlier post the wrong way!

Gosh whats going on here...i thought the banders v bypassers was bad enough but now its a bypasser v the mods it seems...thats so unfair.

I don't see how its mods vs bypassers? Im actually totally oblivious to what surgical procedure people have done as I am only interested in the running of this site, the wellbeing of members and mods and ensuring that everything is working as best as it can.

Pierce

i think its ott too - i find it disgusting that you treat her in this way just because she disagrees with how you handle new members - everybody is entitled to there opinion and she was only trying to explain that mini had took her earlier post the wrong way!

No, she does not have the right to write the way she did to Mini. She should of explained her self much better rather than telling her to:

Wind your necks in a bit and please let people ask reasonable questions and reply with reasonable balanced answers not accusations of abuse.

That is unacceptable.

Pierce

i dont see anything wrong with that pierce - its just a saying! the only bit that could have upset mini is the wind ya neck in bit and its just a saying!!!! so what!!! its not like shes gone off - f'ing and blinding is it! mini's reponse was OTT!
your gunna make people scared to ask these kind of questions incase they get the same response

I think this has gone too far.

Skirting the rules?

I was told by several people when I first joined that the way to get 50 posts was to play the games on here. If that's the case, then I've flouted the rules and you better punnish me too.

I totally agree, I was advised by many to get up to 50 posts by playing the games on here....seems like DaisyMaesy's post got mis-read/misinterpreted & now she's being lynched for it! This is supposed to be a welcoming, caring, sharing forum where different views & opinions are encouraged, not a fascist state when a simple misunderstanding has occurred!

Has no one got anything better to do than argue on a forum? Just take it as it is... Face value only. Support only. If you don't like it don't read it.

Hi Folks,

I am not a Moderator or an Administrator. Nor do I have a vested interest (any more than everyone else's) in this site. I consider myself to be objective and as such raise objective points when I feel the need.

In this instance I felt there was a need:

1) the initial point made was that someone was concerned that newbies were put off this site because people (regulars, oldies, not-so-newbies) was taking the time to reply to their posts in threads - as such Daisy wanted to be able to PM these newbies to reassure them (to be honest there is a little nicety/kindness in that :)). However I, with my objective hat on I considered to to be a complete contradiction: how can she complain about newbies turning away from this site due to a lack of response to threads - when she in turn wants to perpetuate the habit by NOT replying in the thread but instead PMing them??? I also made the point that it is a great/useful security feature and stopped spam etc. Pierce and various others concurred and eloquently explained the point further.

2. Daisy and I agreed to disagree - totally reasonable and understandable and we haven't fallen out over it (I hope :))

3. After further discussion - more contradictions arose (please read back to see my point) as well as the point/phrase 'play the game'. I regard myself as having a reasonable level of intelligence and cognisance thus, having previously read and understood the tone of the thread read and the post in question; I think the phrase 'play the game' did not imply "play the arcade games it'll get you up to 51 posts". I interpreted it as suggesting that being part of this forum was a form of duress and as such to get along (with powers that be) one had to 'play the game'. Hence my quip
"if ya don't like the rules then :bolt:"

4. Since then there have been a number of posts ..... suggesting certain folk "wind their necks in" [sic] :) lol. I laugh because maybe my objectivity (which could be deemed as siding with 'da management' I guess) implied I was highly wound up - I wasn't and I'm still not :). I also lol because it was a tad disrespectful .. not to me ... I do not care, but to Mini ... sheeeeeesh!

May I take the time to remind folks that this is a forum and whilst people are relatively 'free' to post what they wish 'within reason' there are rules. It's great that suggestions are made and thus can be used to further enhance the usability and experience of the site however in this instance the suggestions/arguments (I use this term in it's non-aggressive meaning ;)) put forward were null when fully explained. So why the need to keep going back? Surely the lack of spam, harrassment etc. is a credit to the security of this site. I've seen very very very sensitive posts on Minimins that have been made about someone's abusive spouse or family or work colleague etc. and I thank God that those people in question can't just create a profile on there (Minimins) or here (WLSurgery) and find the information and use it to abuse said poster further. In my opinion ... and I feel I can voice it now ..... I have always believed the 50 limit to be too low!

May I also remind folks that without Pierce and Mini (of whom I have fallen foul of too - so I'm no teachers pet!!!!) and their computers [i.e. servers] and their electricity [which run said servers] and their money as well as their time and hard work - there would be no site and there would be no empty threads started by newbies to feel disgruntled about. So a tad of respect should be had.... now when we've been slapped on our paws we can do one of two things ....

1. be an adult and take it, learn from it and try and understand the other point of view (even if you have to leave the site for a bit and lick your wounds)

2. .... or we can :bolt:

I'm pretty sure none of us is paid to post on this forum ... i.e. We. Are. Not. Under. Duress

So as I said before ....... if you don't like the rules ....... :bolt:

SIMPLES!!!!! ;)

Why is this thread still open??? lol

This thread needs to be closed down now. Enough of this childish behaviour. This forum is sadly losing it's fantastic value and support system one stupid thread at a time!!

What on earth is going on here?? It strikes me that there have been a few changes and some are just getting above their station. I can not believe that adults are posting things like "If you dont like the rules etc etc....... Save this for the school ground!

You know the saying - you give some a little authority and it goes straight to their heads?? If the cap fits them wear it?? seems to be the case here?

This site has sadly taken turn and not for the better either. WLS is a lonely and stressful journey and this forum provided valuable support to so many. We are victimised and made to feel inferior in the outside world for being obese and forums like this are invaluable for us and should never stoop to this level.

Pierce you need to look at what is happening here really closely. This is not good for this site and is upsetting and causing undue stress for many, which is unnacceptable.

For someone to say reel your neck in is not confrontational unless of course you are looking for confrontation? I do feel though that to say "If you don't like the rules etc, not just confronatational but humiliating!

At the risk of being banned I say reel your necks in, wake up to the harm which is being done and quiet frankly ruining what once was my best friend THIS SITE!!!

Linski

Last edited:
It's really sad to see such a supportive site descend this way and exactly the reason why a great many of us have stood back.a bit. Truly sad :(

If at least one good thing has come out of this thread, it's the fact that it has acted as a kick up my bum to support and welcome newbies when they post. :)

Thanks Daisey. :hug99:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back