• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private Pool Hire n/east

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
:)i am thinking of hiring a pool privatley for my support group members both pre and post op for those that would like to attend, alot have expressed the desire to swim but feel uneasy about useing a public pool because of obvious reasons and i felt the same way too pre op and newly post op, i now swim everyother day pretty much and i love it. Anyway lets get back to the point of this thread.... does anyone know of anywhere in thenorth east area that does private pool hire, i have looked in to it even my gym wont do private pool hire, if i could get this going it maybe a popular thing, and may even give ppl the confidence to go it alone exercise wise....... any thoughts or ideas where to look from my group members would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Liz x

Hiya

What a good idea.

I know down here you can hire the local council pools can be privately hired for parties etc which I guess is the same thing. So maybe ask your local council pools up near you.

Good luck with it

Jo
xx

Hiya

What a good idea.

I know down here you can hire the local council pools can be privately hired for parties etc which I guess is the same thing. So maybe ask your local council pools up near you.

Good luck with it

Jo
xx

i do like that as you're still up there to a fair few of us

I wonder if Sandhill Veiw School would hire their pool because they do have all female evenings. The school is on Grindon Lane and I'm sure if you gave them a call they will tell you if it is possible? Just a thought Liz x

Hummersknott School in Darlington hire out their pool at very reasonable rates

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

What a fab idea....I know a few of the local schools here in Cornwall hire out their pools. perhaps they would be worth approaching..
Oh just another thought my daughter has an instructor for her baby some sort of franchise that use privately owned pools. If you had that sort of instructor in your area she might be able to help..just a thought!!

thanks ever so much ladies i never thought of asking about the hire of school pools after school time i will get on to looking into this soon, maybe others could do the same in their local areas as it could be a very important and motivational thing, encouraging exercise in a comftable enviroment with like minded non judgemental people.

Liz x x x

Liz, good news for the sunderland area of WLS, Sandhill View swimming pool do hire the pool for private parties I have just rang. You will need to ask to speak to Damon after 3pm on the following number 0191 553 8862. To get more info. Hope this helps xx

Liz, good news for the sunderland area of WLS, Sandhill View swimming pool do hire the pool for private parties I have just rang. You will need to ask to speak to Damon after 3pm on the following number 0191 553 8862. To get more info. Hope this helps xx

Thanks Joan, i will ring them when i get back from school with my son Ryan, i will get a price but not book anything yet as i need to ask the group how many would be interested and work out the cost per person to the numbers that would attend and get payments from people ect then book some thing.... so we shall see who's really interested in going and how many :) thanks ever so much for your help Joan i really appreciate it xxxxx

Hi Liz,

Glad I could help. If I can do anything to help this end please dont hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy. :) x

What a great idea Liz, keep me informed if you manage to get it sorted as this is something I would really like to be included xxx

Hi everyone,

I love the idea of swimming with the group and wonder if anyone knows how long after suregry I can go swimming any way??

Swimming is one of my many relaxation pastimes and want to get back to it. I never thought to ask while I was in hospital or before my surgery. Many thanks in anticipation xxx :D

When I went for my post op appt at 7 weeks post op Dr Balapuri said it was ok for me to go swimming, Karen x

Karen,

Thats good news but I thought maybe I could go when the wounds heal! Perhaps not huh???

Gentle excercise and all that, but I suppose it take 6-8 weeks to heal internally. :( My surgery site wounds are almost healed and I am only 11 days post op. Never mind, I guess anything worth having is worth waiting for. LOL :D Thank you xx

i have rang these but im getting no answer i will try again at a later time..... Washington Lesiure Centre says i can book a private pool session, but only on a saturday after 3.30pm the price there would be £3.70 each with a minimum of 10ppl upwards.... what do you all think ?

Liz,

I was advised to ring after 3pm. x

ok on to it now Joan x

Liz,

I was advised to ring after 3pm. x

ive just spoken to Damon and he says its will be £45 an hour which is not bad, but i do think washington is better as its only £3.70 a head.... i will be popping into washingtom leisure centre to fill in the forms and find out more details about min and max numbers with in the session, also washington do a saturday which will be better for people being free that afternoon x

Sounds great to me Liz, I'd definitely be interested x

Sounds great to me Liz, I'd definitely be interested x

great news Deb :) i will be going down tomorrow to get more details and to see how many id be allowed in the pool ect.... i will update soon x

Back