• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private surgery

Nellyphant

Who has gone private and how did you find your surgeon?

I want to find as much info as possible before I talk seriously to my DH about having it done. He'll want all the facts.

I researched the various companies and decided on WLS Group as their package includes 3 years aftercare. You have an option of Uk or Belgium, which is a bit cheaper but I didn't want to go abroad in case there were any complications. I then looked at their surgeons and googled them to check them out - found my surgeon had a brilliant reputation so chose him and his hospital so to speak.

I made an appt with WLS in Harley Street and my husband and I met with them to discuss it all. I then was able to go away, armed with all the info and get back to them when I felt ready, which was almost immediately! I could have had my op within 2 weeks if I'd wanted, but I delayed it to suit my schedule. I have no regrets, all went very smoothly and I am delighted with the results so far. Mr El Hasani is not a chatty, charming doctor, but he is direct, to the point and really experienced which is what I wanted.

Good luck in your searching, there are lots of options and many happy customers here:)

I went private and found my surgeon through recommendations from this and other WLS sites. I adored my surgeon and he was well worth the 3 hour journey to have the surgery with him.

Spire @ Manchester. Prof Ammori! I wouldn't recommend anybody else. He did mine & my mums band and he's truly amazing. Definately worth the money, with 2 years unlimited aftercare. X

Thanks for all your info. I had a serious chat to DH last night about it and he's agreed! I'm researching the hospitals closest to me first off as I have fibromyalgia and get very tired very quickly so don't want to have to drive too far for follow up appts as I'll have to go by myself to them. We are off for a week away from tomorrow but will phone some of the weight loss companies and speak to them directly about options etc.

I'm excited/scared etc all at the same time.

For me, the surgery isn't just because I don't want to be big any more but because of all my pain and tiredness etc and losing weight will help lessen my symptoms some.

I did a lot of research on the internet about what to expect after surgery and through recommendations, mostly on this forum and a personal meet-up with a really successful bypasser, Gaelic Girl, I opted for Mr Ammori at the Spire in Manchester.
It was worth every penny but I did find their aftercare a little sketchy...forgotten follow up calls, really long waiting times on appointmets days etc. But I cannot stress enough just how good Mr Ammori is at what he does.
I'm now doing my research into skin removal so good luck....

Back