• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private time scale?

OOnion

For those of you who have had your surgery privately please can you tell me how long it has taken to organise - I have been on the NHS waiting list for over a year now and feel I can not physically wait any longer so I am thinking of going privately but would like to know how long it usually takes? If it's going to be another 6 months I may as well wait...however if it could be 4-6 weeks if I go private then that is what I shall do!
Thanks

I could have had my op within a couple of weeks of my first consultation if I'd wanted to, but as it was just before the summer holidays, I chose to wait. In fact my "sleeve sister", a woman I was put in touch with who'd had the same op at the same hospital with the same surgeon was surprised how long I did choose to wait.

It's much more when it suits us than if we'd gone on the NHS.

Hi, like Ruthie I could have had my op within 2 weeks but chose to wait a little longer to suit my work schedule etc. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

oh god id give anything to be able to go private :(

When I booked mine I could have had it in 3 weeks but choose my date due to getting time off work and saving the last few. ££££££ to pay for my op lol

I waited two weeks - enough for the pre-op diet to reduce my liver size..... I think that's the biggest factor in waiting the minimum?

I waited 11 days! It's crazy but fab!!!

I could have had mine within 5 days but waited about a month due to needing to arrange child care for the kids.

Back