• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problem getting worse

dawn08

Hi all ,
Im a bit ashamed to admit it but since I've been referred my overeating as got worse and I wondered if anyone else experienced the same. I know now isn't the time and I should be more controlled but everything as spiralled.

Help x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You are not alone ... i too allowed myself to get into that downward spiral. I had all the excuses under the sun, we moved house, got a puppy, hubby retired, the rented house fell apart no bathroom for 1 month then it started to rain in our bedroom............ were moved to temporary accommodation for 2 weeks ate out everyday oh and gave up smoking all since last summer hence a weight gain of 1 1/2 stone (i know shocking) then Christmas on top lol
Stupid thing was i knew i was on the waiting list, what was i thinking!! I was very ashamed of myself, a visit to the docs was my turning point just a couple of weeks ago....... so massive kick up bum went a got myself a fitbit and cut back my eating to 1000 cal a day and am now on the path to loosing my gain then funny enough hospital rang with a date 6th feb so am now on pre op diet anyway. Just hope by the time i go in ive lost the extra and more besides.

I my case i blame depression and allowing everything to overwhelm me, i cant believe i allowed myself to slip right back into emotional eating, especially as i thought i had started to understand myself.

My advise ....... pick yourself right up and say enough is enough tomorrow is a new day and get right back on that horse. Don't put your chance of surgery in jeopardy by creeping back to your old ways. (easier said than done sometimes)
good luck hun
xxxxxxxx
mawh hugs :)

Thanks Hun and good luck for next month . Your totally right x

there was I thinking I was the only one! I too have let myself go ,it kind of creep in Christmas time ive been so good for soo long and I used the holidays to over eat increase my portion sizes even after the break up till yesterday I was eating too much when I didn't need it I weighted myself yesterday and I have put on I think about 10lbs!!
im so ashamed off myself been such a fool and letting myself down ive kept off around 2 stone in weight of for over a year now and im scared that if I cant control myself before the band what will I be like after?
im due to go to barts in a couple of weeks and im dreading it ,what if they turn me down ?
can they do that?
I could heartily kick myself
guess I will have to give myself a real good telling off and try to get myself back on track
I wish now that Christmas had never happened
sorry for the long rant/moan I only have myself to blame

there was I thinking I was the only one! I too have let myself go ,it kind of creep in Christmas time ive been so good for soo long and I used the holidays to over eat increase my portion sizes even after the break up till yesterday I was eating too much when I didn't need it I weighted myself yesterday and I have put on I think about 10lbs!!
im so ashamed off myself been such a fool and letting myself down ive kept off around 2 stone in weight of for over a year now and im scared that if I cant control myself before the band what will I be like after?
im due to go to barts in a couple of weeks and im dreading it ,what if they turn me down ?
can they do that?
I could heartily kick myself
guess I will have to give myself a real good telling off and try to get myself back on track
I wish now that Christmas had never happened
sorry for the long rant/moan I only have myself to blame

awww hugs hun :D
it will make all the difference once you get yourself back on the right road and take control, you will start to feel sooo much better out yourself and dare i say forgive yourself and see it as yet another learning curve.

TBH the old me would never had recognized that i had done wrong and certainly would never have pulled myself back into shape, i would have carried on in that spiral until i'd gained tons ........

get back on that horse and tomorrow is a new day :) gl hun x x x x x

thanks for that rainbow, your right in saying that at least I knew what I was doing I just didn't stop myself blaming Christmas
parties
its only Christmas ,it comes once a year
go on treat yourself !
you`ve been soo good all year!
even as im typing this I feel sick ,ive not even changed the weight on my profile cant bear to see the difference!
what makes me mad is I don't feel fat(does that make sense?)
my clothes don't feel tight im not out of breath I thought I would feel different
for me its about portion sizes ,sweets don't bother me nor cakes im more savory and big portions
what I need to do is...
plan my meals

pre make my meals
use small tuberware pots to control my portion sizes
don't shop when im hungry
get back on the 4 min execise zumba plan I found on you tube plus this beyonce video track called "move your body"when I first started doing this I was proper puffing then before I knew it I was keeping up with her!
BE MINDFUL!!!
all these things work for me so as you said
TOMMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
........feeling a bit better now
thanks x

Last edited:
thanks for that rainbow, your right in saying that at least I knew what I was doing I just didn't stop myself blaming Christmas
parties
its only Christmas ,it comes once a year
go on treat yourself !
you`ve been soo good all year!
even as im typing this I feel sick ,ive not even changed the weight on my profile cant bear to see the difference!
what makes me mad is I don't feel fat(does that make sense?)
my clothes don't feel tight im not out of breath I thought I would feel different
for me its about portion sizes ,sweets don't bother me nor cakes im more savory and big portions
what I need to do is...
plan my meals

pre make my meals
use small tuberware pots to control my portion sizes
don't shop when im hungry
get back on the 4 min execise zumba plan I found on you tube plus this beyonce video track called "move your body"when I first started doing this I was proper puffing then before I knew it I was keeping up with her!
BE MINDFUL!!!
all these things work for me so as you said
TOMMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!
........feeling a bit better now
thanks x

its a lifetime of bad habits were trying to undo and the surgery is a tool to help us with that.

I just feel empowered now, knowing that i knew what i was doing was wrong i just lacked the power to stop myself, guess it was just easy to stick my head in the sand at the time. In the past i would have been oblivious to my actions until the clothes got tight and my walking deteriorated even more. by then i was too far in too pull myself out of that hole.
But for once this time i managed to get a grip and get myself back in control (eventually) fortunately just in time too :D

just don't leave it too late to pull yourself back get up put that music on and get moving and in a couple of days you will notice the difference and you will feel a whole heap better about yourself which will spur on no end :)

Last edited:
Guys..... I've dun it too...we probably pretty much all have which is why we're here anyway!

Don't look back...you absolutely can't change past & re-living it & beating yourselves up doesn't change it (done that to the point that my self-esteem was non.existent.
Clamber back on the wagon & keep makin little changes, they all add to the end ultimate goal

Hugs to you all....really hit a cord with me this post xxx:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Guys..... I've dun it too...we probably pretty much all have which is why we're here anyway!

Don't look back...you absolutely can't change past & re-living it & beating yourselves up doesn't change it (done that to the point that my self-esteem was non.existent.
Clamber back on the wagon & keep makin little changes, they all add to the end ultimate goal

Hugs to you all....really hit a cord with me this post xxx:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg:

Thanks hun :D thats so sweet of you x x x I think its really hard to admit to our downfalls (i know i've not mentioned mine before tonight) but sometimes its great to get it out there and know that your not alone.
Its too great to reach out and join hands and help each other thru :D bless you x x x

Thanks hun :D thats so sweet of you x x x I think its really hard to admit to our downfalls (i know i've not mentioned mine before tonight) but sometimes its great to get it out there and know that your not alone.
Its too great to reach out and join hands and help each other thru :D bless you x x x

Probably sounds daft but so true....problem shared is problem halved xxx I'm absolutely dreadful at being unexpressive etc but I am going to try to a little more...I've hidden behind fat & then failed surgery for too long...
xxxxxxxxxx

i feel soo much better for sharing so will try my hardest not too look back and look forward just done my 2 keep fit you tube clips and feel great have put out my breakfast things out
mini weighting scales
fancy alpen thing
plain yougurt
threw away the sweets and toot
clean slate
thanks again guys ....your great!xx

i feel soo much better for sharing so will try my hardest not too look back and look forward just done my 2 keep fit you tube clips and feel great have put out my breakfast things out
mini weighting scales
fancy alpen thing
plain yougurt
threw away the sweets and toot
clean slate
thanks again guys ....your great!xx

good for you sweetheart :D am hoping we may have helped Dawn too. Isn't it amazing what some simple words of encouragement can do, shame we don't reach out until its too late!!! note to oneself remember to reach out if i need help. Note also to you guys.... im always here if you need help too :D

Have a great day all x x x aim for the moon and if you miss you'll land amongst the stars

Thanks guys and yes your right me may still have blips but we recognise them now and that's progress x

Allisonkara, are you a postop, preop or a troll?

Back