• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problem months after surgery

chocchucky

:confused: Hi all so sorry i havent been on for some quite considerable time, hope you have all been keeping well, and all ops that i have missed have gone through smoothly.:eek:

I would like your advice tho as im having quite difficult situations to deal with and am not sure as to whether its connected to my operation or not? A few weeks ago i had a unpravoked seizure on the way home as i was walking my dog and have been having dizzy spells ever since on and off, untill yesterday when i had quite a bad dizzy spell and only just got my daughter to school before getting help:(( As you can all appreciate this is very distressing for me and very scary to. Im having a MRI scan on monday to find out whats going on, in the meantime i have to have somone with me all the time to make sure im ok and not fitting or passing out.

I was just wondering whether anyone else has had anything like this happen to them since the op or is it just me:((

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this, im hoping to get it sorted and sooon:)

Take care all look forward to reading your replys:)

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I cant help with your problem but would just like to wish you good luck with your MRI scan.

Are you getting enough fluids in Sharon? Dizzy spells are one symptom of dehydration. I hope the MRI goes well and you get your problem sorted asap. xx

Hi Sharon,

Poor you, that sounds very upsetting and distressing. It doesn't sound as if it's anything to do with the op. Have you ever had any seizures or funny turns before?

Awww it sounds awful hun.I hope it gets solved asap xxx:D

Hi hun, sorry I cant help but it sounds really frightening and I hope you get it sorted soon...good luck with the MRI X

I have heard of something similar happening to one other person but this was over a year after their bypass, and I don't think there was any connection. I hope you feel better soon and best of luck with the MRI xx

Hi Sharon

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good hun. I too have suffered with dizzy spells (not as bad as you describe though) for the past few months. If I stand up, I often have to hold on to something for fear of falling over, and I get black spots before my eyes and think I'm going to pass out.

The GP said blood pressure a little on the low side, but not enough to worry about. The lovely peeps on here suggested it may be blood sugars, or dehydration - but I drink plenty so not sure its that in my case.

Hope you get some answers soon x

Poor you, that sounds very upsetting and distressing. It doesn't sound as if it's anything to do with the op. Have you ever had any seizures or funny turns before?

Sharon xx

Thanks very much for your kind words of support, to be honest part of me hopes they find something on monday because at least then i will know whats going on its the not knowing thats fightening me.

Sharon xx

I cant really help but I wanted to offer my best wishes xx
I do suffer with lots of dizzy spells but thats about it.
Steph xx

Hi, dizzy spells here too, and my blood pressure is quite low 90/55 ish i have been wondering if the two are linked? i bought one of the blood pressure units from Lloyds - half price £14.99, i'm now obsessed with it!.. its next to the scales lol.
Had lapband aug 09, been stuck at same weight for 2 months.

Hope all goes well with your MRI xx

Hi Sharon,
No advice sorry, but just wishing you well for your MRI and hope they get you sorted.
Take care x

Hi, I've not had anything like this. But before my op I was quite concerned that some american websites seem to say that there is a chance of developing epilepsy post bypass. I asked my team about this and they said it's not been proven and that making sure we take all the vitamins etc is really important so we do not develop mal-absorption complications. Anyway I don't mean to worry you but it's stayed with me as a concern ever since.

Hope you're fine and everything goes well.

X

Good luck hun, hope they can give you some answers.

Take Care x

I hope this all gets sorted out soon for you

I think it's good that you are getting this sorted out quickly. Good luck with the tests xx

Back