• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

soft food, what did you have or wat are you having?

Raynebubble

Hiya.... just need some ideas... i do have a food diary fro the hospital... but people seem to be eating different things... so just wondered...

What are you eating on your soft food stage?

How much are you eating? ie how much mash, or how much veg, meat etc?

i have a desert spoon of mash a few slices of carrots mashed with lots of thin gravy - i never finish it - you do get full very quick, sainsburys do a ready cooked mash with carrot and swede, which is quite nice with gravy too

i tried meat but it got stuck - i had a scrammbled egg today - very loose but it doesnt sit that well yet - was the 2nd time i tried it - not going to try it again for a while, i am worried i will stretch my pouch - they say we are not supposed to feel hungry but i do
x

i have a desert spoon of mash a few slices of carrots mashed with lots of thin gravy - i never finish it - you do get full very quick, sainsburys do a ready cooked mash with carrot and swede, which is quite nice with gravy too

i tried meat but it got stuck - i had a scrammbled egg today - very loose but it doesnt sit that well yet - was the 2nd time i tried it - not going to try it again for a while, i am worried i will stretch my pouch - they say we are not supposed to feel hungry but i do
x

but you need your protein hun... have you tried having the meat with low fat gravy so it goes down easier?
what are you having for breakfast and lunch? x

if you feel hungry surley you havent eaten enough ?

i had an egg today, i forget to have breakfast - im having probs eating - am going to try and have half weetabix tomorrow see if that is any better this week.

i havnt managed very well on meats i do have a low fat ww red tai curry that i thought i would smoosh up and try a little of it for dinner to night -

mostly been having mash and veg i did try some minced beef but again it didnt go down too well when i tried it - but that was i think a little to early - may try that again so to be honest the most protein i have had has been cream cheese which could account for why i am still not loosing any weight or going to the loo

x

have you been weighed?

naughty maybe your scales are not the same as the hospitals they say only weigh yourself on the same set of scales hopefully you have lost weight good luck

Debs have you tried quorn.... youcan get quorn mince it is easier to puree and goes down easier... also it is low in fat and very high in protein xx today i brogt some quornmeat pieces to have with my dinner this week...and i also broght ready made quorn cottage pie which im going to triefr dinner later. its got a use by date on it for the 30th.. so hopefully if it is ok, i can have a couple more dinners rom it and wont need to throw too much away x

Debs have you tried quorn.... youcan get quorn mince it is easier to puree and goes down easier... also it is low in fat and very high in protein xx today i brogt some quornmeat pieces to have with my dinner this week...and i also broght ready made quorn cottage pie which im going to triefr dinner later. its got a use by date on it for the 30th.. so hopefully if it is ok, i can have a couple more dinners rom it and wont need to throw too much away x

i tried it pre op - wasn't keen - but not being a bit meat eater any way its always difficult - i have a m and s children s shepherds pie in the fridge i could try that - forgot it was there - i haven't tried that fortimel stuff think ill try that - it could help for breakfast - just going to print Gary's list it has lots of ideas on it x

ive never been a big meat eater either... but ive alway liked quorn... so gonna start having more again x...
But you do need to get protein in...even if you have soup... i had pea and ham for lunch today... so that has veg in and protein.. still pureed it though lol x

I cant help at all but I was 'thinking' about what I call wet food that if necessary you could use a hand blender on...
spagetti hoops
kids fish pie, I suppose any fish in sauce like those boil in bag type things.
What about jacket pot, wiv no jacket, LF cheese & beans?

x

What's TOFU like???? I remember 'trying' it once it was a bit flabby and tasted of sod all - but you may be able to do something about it!

i dont like tofu..unless its mixed with lots of other things.. on its own its horrible.. but then ive only tried it a couple of times x

I cant help at all but I was 'thinking' about what I call wet food that if necessary you could use a hand blender on...
spagetti hoops
kids fish pie, I suppose any fish in sauce like those boil in bag type things.
What about jacket pot, wiv no jacket, LF cheese & beans?

x

i am going to get some of those fish in sauce bags tomorrow and try them

i am going to get some of those fish in sauce bags tomorrow and try them

I'm sure that there's quite a bit of sauce in them and their quite low in cals, mixed with some mashed carrot and swede & at least its something that you can 'blend' if you still think its too lumpy.... Prob worth investing in a masher with little holes - if there is such a thing! xx

Hi, I used to have weetabix or porridge for breakfast, a yogurt for a snack (fair amount of protein in it if you buy the right ones), for lunch/dinner I would have boil in the bag fish in sauce with a bit of mash, tuna mixed with low fat Mayo, egg mayo, little bit of shepherds pie, or mince with a tomato sauce, and sometimes would suck on a laughing cow cheese triangle lol. Mashed banana with a spoonful of peanut butter would also go down well!

The thing is - (LOL I am really getting into this now....lol) there is no 'soft meat' - other than:
mince chicken/turkey/pork all I think are rock hard, so beef and lamb
Oooo what about sausages, not the uber fat ones but quorn do sausages, I bet if you whizzed them up they'd go mashy - maybe they'd be an idea on your next stage....
Meat is hard work to chew and digest, so surely the best options currently fish, eggs, cheese....
What about blended cauliflower cheese :) or is that too lumpy???

xx

For meat, at first, I got those tins of stewing steak as the meat is very soft and was quite easy to digest, along with a little mashed potato.

Hi, I used to have weetabix or porridge for breakfast, a yogurt for a snack (fair amount of protein in it if you buy the right ones), for lunch/dinner I would have boil in the bag fish in sauce with a bit of mash, tuna mixed with low fat Mayo, egg mayo, little bit of shepherds pie, or mince with a tomato sauce, and sometimes would suck on a laughing cow cheese triangle lol. Mashed banana with a spoonful of peanut butter would also go down well!

What yoghurts are they?

Back