• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein drinks

nessawessa1

As anyone tried ready made protein drinks? Been advised by hospital to stop feeling dizzy I need to up my protein levels, felt like all I did was eat yesterday, but it def worked as felt so much better, just a bit worries about all the calories so thought maybe protein drinks would be better? Any suggestions greatly accepted

I have the myprotien One Water - Berry flavour.

500ml = 40g protien

Great for sipping throughout the day

Downsides = expensive (£2 a bottle - but only need one a day) and if you drink too fast you end up with a dry powdery taste but this really is only if you drink too much too fast.

xx

www that stuff sounds good i might have to get a few bottles!

It is nice, I was shocked! lol, I'm not a protein drink fan, so brought some single samples and this one was the best - if not drank too fast - they sell them in bulk too and a Lemon&Lime flavour, whih wasn't as nice xx

I have invested in "Isopure" it's a clear protein drink, comes in a few different flavours. I like the red punch which tastes like a mixed berry drink. It has zero sugar and 32g of protein per bottle. I bought mine on amazon, think it was about £10 for a case of 12.

Thanks for this thread - I've just ordered the Myprotein mixed berry drinks - really hoping this is going to help solve my problem of getting protein in me. Hate the shakes and milky drinks so looking forward to this arriving. The other one suggested looked good too but could only find American websites to order from. :)

Has anyone tried Chris Powell's from extreme weight loss" vemma protein shakes? The chocolate is awesome but km wondering if it will be OK for post op?

I have struggled to get protein in and was feeling rotten. Couldn't stomach protein shakes etc I bought protein hot chocolate, you mix it with water and each sachet makes 200mls so not much to have to drink and it's 18g of protein. Drank my first one yesterday and already feel a bit better. I also bought the mixed berry water 40g per 500mls. I bought 1 bottle to begin with to see if I liked it. It arrived today and I must say it is very strong in flavour but I think I will add some in with my diluting juice and drink it throughout the day xx

I have struggled to get protein in and was feeling rotten. Couldn't stomach protein shakes etc I bought protein hot chocolate, you mix it with water and each sachet makes 200mls so not much to have to drink and it's 18g of protein. Drank my first one yesterday and already feel a bit better. I also bought the mixed berry water 40g per 500mls. I bought 1 bottle to begin with to see if I liked it. It arrived today and I must say it is very strong in flavour but I think I will add some in with my diluting juice and drink it throughout the day xx

I'm having the same problem Laura. I thought the answer to my problem was the protein water, 40g a bottle is just brilliant. It does however take me all day to drink it but last night I had a severe allergic reaction. I had nothing else other than water tea and the protein water so put it down to that :( if you find you get on with it let me know as you can have my lot if you are happy to pay postage or pick it up depending on where you live. Xx

I'm having the same problem Laura. I thought the answer to my problem was the protein water, 40g a bottle is just brilliant. It does however take me all day to drink it but last night I had a severe allergic reaction. I had nothing else other than water tea and the protein water so put it down to that :( if you find you get on with it let me know as you can have my lot if you are happy to pay postage or pick it up depending on where you live. Xx

Aww your joking! What a nightmare! Yeah I'll let you know how I get on with it and if it agrees with me I'd be happy to pay postage. Thank you! Will let you know :) what about protein hot choc? I got mines off bariatricmegastore.com xx

Aww your joking! What a nightmare! Yeah I'll let you know how I get on with it and if it agrees with me I'd be happy to pay postage. Thank you! Will let you know :) what about protein hot choc? I got mines off bariatricmegastore.com xx

I might give that ago and try another protein shake and try to just persevere. I wish I could buy the Cambridge diet without the hassle of being monitored by a rep etc. The reaction was a complete nightmare, even my tongue swelled up!

I managed half a cup of soup and half a yoghurt. Protein total about 12g. So appalling! Xx

I've just bought a new protein powder from tesco! 40g of protein in a serving. Makes a really thick shake gives you tons of energy. I'll write the name down when I get up in the morning x

I've just bought a new protein powder from tesco! 40g of protein in a serving. Makes a really thick shake gives you tons of energy. I'll write the name down when I get up in the morning x

Sounds good

previous bander, revision to by pass.

I can't stand the milky shakes, plus you really need to check the sugar quantities in them as a lot of them are very high in sugar. I use the Isopure drinks, (can be bought on amazon.co.uk for around £10 for 12 bottles), its a clear liquid and tastes fairly good. Each bottle, 470ml, has zero sugar and 32g of protein. I also use myfitnesspal (FREE app!) which monitors how much carbs, fat, protein, sugar you eat each day. It's really easy to use and can scan in most foods. It also shows a lot of the vitamins consumed each day.

You do have to really watch the shakes I always check the info luckily this one only has 2.8 g of sugar per serve x x

Back