• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein help please.

I posted a lot of suggestions on your other thread and also asked if you were using protein drinks as top up?

Do you not have a diet sheet from Homerton? Contact your team/dietician to get help/advice. Each centre is different so it would be more appropriate for you to ask them for more specific advice.

I posted a lot of suggestions on your other thread and also asked if you were using protein drinks as top up?

Do you not have a diet sheet from Homerton? Contact your team/dietician to get help/advice. Each centre is different so it would be more appropriate for you to ask them for more specific advice.
My notification r very slow. Yh they hve given me some paperwork. Jst looking for other ideas. Thank you x

@jj87 off the top of my head, here's a few things that were on my list. Check yours first though, at six weeks I was on normalish food but as you've probably seen, different hospitals advise different things!

Cottage cheese
Greek yoghurt
Cheese
Eggs
Milk
Whey protein - so protein shakes, or you can add to your own smoothies etc
Minced beef, pork, chicken or turkey - mince my be better to try at first
Tuna
Salmon
Corned beef
Sardines
Lentils
Peanut butter - the one with no sugar
Quorn
Tofu
Endame beans
Soya beans
Kidney beans
Soba noodles
Quinoa

@jj87 off the top of my head, here's a few things that were on my list. Check yours first though, at six weeks I was on normalish food but as you've probably seen, different hospitals advise different things!

Cottage cheese
Greek yoghurt
Cheese
Eggs
Milk
Whey protein - so protein shakes, or you can add to your own smoothies etc
Minced beef, pork, chicken or turkey - mince my be better to try at first
Tuna
Salmon
Corned beef
Sardines
Lentils
Peanut butter - the one with no sugar
Quorn
Tofu
Endame beans
Soya beans
Kidney beans
Soba noodles
Quinoa
Thank you.. X

My list was similar, but be careful with chicken as a lot of us have had problems with it. Best to try the others first and puree the chicken to begin with to see how you go.

My list was similar, but be careful with chicken as a lot of us have had problems with it. Best to try the others first and puree the chicken to begin with to see how you go.

Yep, that's why I suggested to try minced first. Meat is notoriously tricky for some. I actually really like minced turkey and pork is very tasty too :D

Back