• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein supplements

Amrac1

Hi,
I am having a bypass on Tuesday. Beginning to focus on post op 'stuff'. I have read quite a lot of positive posts on protein supplements. So have started to look into them. Wow what a minefield! Any advice please - which supplement is the best one, how soon post op do I start to take them? Advantages, disadvantages? Help!
xxxxxxxxxxxx:eek:

Hi cant help u there as i am so confused bout them as well, but just wanted to wish u good luck for ur op on Tuesday, i 2 am having my bypass on Tuesday :) so we shall meet on the losers bench lol xx

I was advised to go for Whey protein as post op we may have difficulty absorbing soy etc.

I've tried a few and to be honest some taste like poo! The original ones I bought from Holland & Barret (special offer) and they were awful

BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder is the most tasty so far (although they are a little sweet for my tastes) but I've got them in Chocolate Fudge, Banana Cream & Vanilla.

I just goodled the product and shopped around for the best deal, so sorry I can't tell you where I bought them from but I think they were around £17.

Hope this helps

Back