• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein powders

Sazzle1a

Hi there

I'm looking for recommendations for nice tasting protein powders. I'm 6 days post sleeve surgery and I've had very loose bowel movements since day 3. I think it's the amount of dairy I'm consuming as having mainly soups, yoghurt and milk. Thought if I had protein powder with water hopefully this would agree with me more. I've got another week on just liquids and don't want to spend it on the loo ???

Thanks xxx

Hi there

Post-op I tried Maxinutrition Promax protein powder, in strawberry flavour. It has 30g of protein and only 1.5g sugar in a serving. It tasted nice and I found it mixed well so no powdery lumps. I used it mainly to increase protein intake during the liquid and puree stages and I'm not sure how effective it would be in helping with bm problems. Like Jen said your troubles will probably settle down and to be honest I think in time the opposite problem is more common, it certainly is for me :(

Potter x

Hi there Post-op I tried Maxinutrition Promax protein powder, in strawberry flavour. It has 30g of protein and only 1.5g sugar in a serving. It tasted nice and I found it mixed well so no powdery lumps. I used it mainly to increase protein intake during the liquid and puree stages and I'm not sure how effective it would be in helping with bm problems. Like Jen said your troubles will probably settle down and to be honest I think in time the opposite problem is more common, it certainly is for me :( Potter x
Thanks potter. I've just ordered some on Amazon will see how I get on with it. Hopefully will go down well as will be great at work - I have a very busy physical job so will be good for an energy boost throughout the day xxx

Thanks potter. I've just ordered some on Amazon will see how I get on with it. Hopefully will go down well as will be great at work - I have a very busy physical job so will be good for an energy boost throughout the day xxx
You're recommendation of maxinutrition protein powder is going down a treat - cheers :)

Time 4 Nutrition Whey Protein is AMAZING

tastes great with just water and mixes completely smooth!

Only downside is I'm going vegan so I can't have it anymore (contains milk)

All flavours were amazing but my fav was toffee Or strawberry

The vanilla one has coconut pieces which makes it taste like it's not mixed but it's still nice

The chocolate one was too rich in chocolate flavour for me but was lovely mixed in foods and as choc milk

Time 4 Nutrition Whey Protein is AMAZING tastes great with just water and mixes completely smooth! Only downside is I'm going vegan so I can't have it anymore (contains milk) All flavours were amazing but my fav was toffee Or strawberry The vanilla one has coconut pieces which makes it taste like it's not mixed but it's still nice The chocolate one was too rich in chocolate flavour for me but was lovely mixed in foods and as choc milk
Thanks Helen I'll have a look at that as well. They'll be good for breakfasts long term I think as always dashing out first thing can drink on the way to work. Xx

Thanks Helen I'll have a look at that as well. They'll be good for breakfasts long term I think as always dashing out first thing can drink on the way to work. Xx

I use mine as breakfast and the days I do, I don't pick or snack xxx

http://www.time4nutrition.co.uk/#!whey-protein/c1fd7

The big bags are expensive (I think you can buy sachets of a different flavours)

I emailed them for free samples and they sent me all four flavours as I didn't wanna pay £40 for a massive bag without trying them.

I'm gutted that I can't have these on a vegan diet xx

Last edited:
I use mine as breakfast and the days I do, I don't pick or snack xxx http://www.time4nutrition.co.uk/#!whey-protein/c1fd7 The big bags are expensive (I think you can buy sachets of a different flavours) I emailed them for free samples and they sent me all four flavours as I didn't wanna pay £40 for a massive bag without trying them. I'm gutted that I can't have these on a vegan diet xx
Ooh that's a good idea asking for samples before buying. It's so true though you could spend a fortune on protein powders and not like the taste of any. X

Back