• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Shakes

zarafa

Has anyone found one they like (that doesn't make them gag)?
I asked my personal trainer to find me a high protein shake before my op, and she found me one with 30g Protein in each serving. I have to force it down though, it's so blerghh.

I blended it today, and it came out all foamy and creamy and stupid me thought "oh how nice" and had some - however I have really bad pain in my chest now, as I guess I just ate a lot of air (something my insides really don't need right now).

I hated protein shakes my hospital gave me 12 bottles of fortsip and I couldnt even drink one and slim fast was the same after op, and still can't stand slimfast now nearly 9 months out

Has anyone found one they like (that doesn't make them gag)?
I asked my personal trainer to find me a high protein shake before my op, and she found me one with 30g Protein in each serving. I have to force it down though, it's so blerghh.

I blended it today, and it came out all foamy and creamy and stupid me thought "oh how nice" and had some - however I have really bad pain in my chest now, as I guess I just ate a lot of air (something my insides really don't need right now).
Hi Zarafa
I use H&B Whey Protein shake. (Vanilla)
Usually put 24g (approx 100 cals) into a blender with one banana and half-pint semi-skimmed milk.
Gives a lovely milk shake, not too sweet and loaded with protein.
Use it two or three times a week instead of a meal.
If you have a blender, make sure it is mixed well, I usually give it at least two minutes on low speed.

Regards

Paul xx

Thanks! I might order some and see if I can manage to down that :)

Back