• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

trouble with blender

belinda

before my operation i used to love slimfast shakes blended with ice, in my blender, however post op i have found i cannot tolerate anything made in the blender because of the air bubbles. i have tried waiting for the air bubbles to dissipate or scooping them off the top, but it doesn't really work. i now find the slimfast shakes disgusting because they are not blended with ice. does anybody know of any good protein/diet shakes that taste good when they are just blended by hand and can other people tolerate shakes/ smothies made in a blender post op???

I use holland & Barrett protein shake powders both plain mixed with milk, 0%fat Greek yoghurts and fruit using a hand blender or flavoured ones with soya milk shaken well although they mix best with a quick whizz from the hand blender. Not to many bubbles either way.
I also use some from myprotein.com they mix reasonably well to.

Another thought what about mixing your slimfast with some crushed ice?
Put a few icecubes in a bag covered with a towel & give them a good bash until well broken, tip into a glass pour over your shake and stir to mix well.
Is that worth a try?

Back