• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protien shakes

blob

Hi all, just wondering what shakes you all use and where you get them from. Also do slim fast shakes class as a protein shake :-?

i have a slim fast every day :) i have tried protein drinks but they seem a bit chalky 14grms protein in a slim fast so not as much as the protein drinks i also have an ovaltine at night made with milk x holland and barret sell them but you can get them in most supermarkets now slim fast is available in superdrug boots and supermarkets too x

Whey Gourmet

I absolutely love the Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter Chocolate flavour - it can be a bit sweet - so I mix it with the unsweetened Alpro Soya Light to tone it down a little - or make it half and half with chocolate slimfast.
Sally

I have started to look around at protein shakes. I find the texture a bit offputting, but mixing half with water and half with milk seems to help. And blend well.

Post op they are too sweet for me. Pre op I was on Exante for eight months, but post op they cause me to dump due to high sugar content :(

I seen a link on here for whey protein water and ordered some - postage is free from website I use. It is sweet but I can tolerate it better than the milky drinks, and at 40g per 500ml, goes a long way towards daily intake. Various flavours but I like the tropical -

http://www.discount-supplements.co....flex-nutrition-whey-refresh-rtd-500ml-bottles

Hi

For protein shakes it worth giving the diet one they sell in TESCO a go, it's a bit pricey, but they all are, I think they only do it in strawberry but it is quite nice.

Also one thing to point out from one of the posts above is that Horlicks and Ovalteen is very high in sugar, Horlicks contains 16 grams of suger and Ovelteen is even worse at 24 grams, so if you are one of those that dump or had type 2 diabetes and are now diet controlled and of your meds, these drinks can make you quite ill, when I tried Horlicks it gave me a blinding headache that crept me up all night, so watch out.

Paul

First time I dumped it was on a Slimfast drink, just a few days post op. So I haven't tried a Slimfast or any other protein drink since. I know I ought to, but just scared of the consequences

I like the taste of the phd protein powder and they are much better if I blend with my industrial strength blender ;)

Yep PHD diet whey is nice, its the only one that agrees with me. I have the chocolate one made with water, its quite thick and keeps me full for ages!

I'm a bander so have slim fast when its on offer too :D

The phd is one of the more expensive brands. I get it online for 23 pounds.

Ooh I've only ha vanilla so far. Shall have to tell my oh that Mazza the mod recommends chocolate so I have no voice but to try ;)

Holland & Barrett unflavoured I added it to sweet & savoury in the early days letting the food flavours come through. Fresh fruits, plain yoghurt, a little milk & a scoop of plain protein powder makes a great smoothie. Added to soups makes a good protein boost to.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

penelope1008 said:
Holland & Barrett unflavoured I added it to sweet & savoury in the early days letting the food flavours come through. Fresh fruits, plain yoghurt, a little milk & a scoop of plain protein powder makes a great smoothie. Added to soups makes a good protein boost to.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ohh thanks for the tip :)

Ooh I've only ha vanilla so far. Shall have to tell my oh that Mazza the mod recommends chocolate so I have no voice but to try ;)

Oh yes, try it Yve its very nice, not too sweet and a fair bit of texture (due to the linseed etc in it). My OH likes the vanilla but mostly has the strawberry one - thats a bit too sweet for me though ;)

They do quite a few flavours, shame they dont do samples really :confused:

I'm a great fan of pHD vanilla shake. I add a handful of frozen berries & blend. Sometimes I add a banana. Just started to brew some expresso coffee & chill & add this to the shake mmmm lovely.
Its pretty important for me as I can't get enough protein naturally with my allergies & eating problems.

Back