• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purée/blended stage

natashoorrr

Morning guys and dolls! Could you kindly be of some assistance!

I have started some puréed food this morning but I'm a bit confused. When I make ready brek should I measure out two table spoons of ready brek then add milk or should I just take two table spoons out and eat it?

I did the latter this morning and it was alright but I still don't feel any restriction? I haven't thought crap I am full or any discomfort or even feeling like I've eaten!

Hi, When I started the puréed food stage (or as I prefer to call it the "cat food" stage) I used a couple of spoonfuls of dry Ready Brek and then added the milk.

Keep it quite runny otherwise it will sit quite heavy in your stomach and take it slowly. For me I don't tend to realise I've over eaten until a few minutes after the event - then it hurts. :(

Quantity for me varies day by day but you will start to know in advance when you have eaten enough.

Enjoy having some nicer flavours in your diet for as long as your on it. Personally I couldn't wait to get off the puréed stage, because as they say you tend to eat with your eyes first and whilst everything looked nice just after you had made it, once it had had the life smashed out of it, it wasn't as appealing.

All the best.

AE.

I'm 17days post op and I still don't ever get that "full" feeling :/ since my op I'm so paranoid about my new stomach it's taking over. So scared of stretching it or that something's wrong

I'm on day 6 of puréed food, and have experienced the pain of eating my protein too dry, well I think this was why it hurt :(. I have also been sick once, but that was down to stupidity! FYI beet root is not your friend.

Really struggling to get any decent amount of protein down, so I've decided just to have more soup/mash in gravy extra until the swelling reduces. Might need to reintroduce complan again *shudder* just for the vitamins and minerals.

Please tell me I'm not alone with this........ Any advice gratefully accepted. Thanks. X

Try adding soft cheese or cheese triangles to your mash. Flaky fish can be good as can canned meat as that tends to be super soft. I used to casserole meat until it was molten.

Thanks Yve will give that a try.

Just had a bit of success with jumbo prawns puréed with seafood sauce. Mmm and so far so good :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 65
I love banana drinks: A very ripe banana (I peel and freeze mine as they start to go) blended with some milk. Delicious and nutritious. For added protein throw a raw egg in there - you won't be able to taste it.

I love banana drinks: A very ripe banana (I peel and freeze mine as they start to go) blended with some milk. Delicious and nutritious. For added protein throw a raw egg in there - you won't be able to taste it.

It's not quite mash though - more liquid. You do need to go to mashed textures when it's time

One of my early meals with mashed potato with grated reduced fat cheese. That worked for me. Lippy - I would seriously avoid Complan due to the high sugar content. We should be looking at 7% or lower really. Others may disagree but I just felt I had to say it xxx

One of my early meals with mashed potato with grated reduced fat cheese. That worked for me. Lippy - I would seriously avoid Complan due to the high sugar content. We should be looking at 7% or lower really. Others may disagree but I just felt I had to say it xxx

Complan will definitely be the last resort! I know I just have to be patient with my food choices at the moment. However, patience isn't a quality I have an abundance of.:rolleyes: x

I recently failed unusually to check the sugar in some NAS Angel Delight ... I was so ill, I thought I might have to dial 999. Complan is a higher %. Slimfast is a better option I think (although it's a banned substance according to my provider). xxx

Ok - I just had this for dinner and it was great! I made homemade applesauce yesterday (no skin, no sugar) and tonight I made mashed sweet potato (use OJ to give it a nice consistency). So, I mixed them up for dinner and it was heaven!!!!

Lots of great idea's, thanks. Better day today, and had puréed cauliflower cheese for tea. It was a taste sensation ;). X

Back