• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pureed food

luv2bskinny

has anybody used baby food when onto the pureed stage after your op? i am just wondering cos it would b a lot easier then blending food ha x

sydenham

Its not something that is recommended, simply because its for Babies and is a little tasteless. If you have the time its best to cook a batch of your favourite meals, puree and freeze them. I used to have the Baby Fruit Desserts from time to time for a snack. They certainly cant do you any harm, its just a matter of taste.

New Beginnings

I must admit I bought a few jars in the early days as I was wasting so much food. They are pretty tasteless as the previous thread mentioned. But on a positive flip though they were helpful in restricting in the amount to eat as once as in once it was gone it was gone. Sometimes those mind demons would have me keep picking at the normal homemade meals until I felt uncomfortable. I also understand you have to becareful with the protein in them as they are quite low. Good luck

luv2bskinny

it was just a thought cos i work weird hrs nd just thought that might help the 1st couple of weeks after my op, i wil put that on my list of questions wen i go for my last appointment 27th july x

Big an Bouncy

There are not enough nutrients in them for and adult.Maz x

Majella

I did use them for a couple of days near the end of week 1 as they were easy at work but now make my own. They didn't cheer me up much!! x

Denise Morris

Couldn't face them, remembered the taste from when my kids were babies, I just used a hand blender I got for £5 from tesco and a plastic jug to puree my stuff then froze it in small 3" square pots.