• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quark!!!

Flickalicious

Bit of a weirdy! XD
I promise you im not doing an impression of a posh duck!! :p

I saw quark in asda today, its low in everything curd cheese and tastes like a cross between natural yoghurt and cream cheese. Its very tasty!!

Has anyone else tried this and if so, what do you eat it with?

I used to use quark a lot when I did weight watchers - I used to love it mixed with chillie and spinach to make cannelloni
Hadn't thought of using it again

I discovered it when I lived in Switzerland, they sell it alongside yoghurt there (and that's how I used it).

I eat it a lot.

On top of ryvita, I use it as a base for a sauce with zero noodles to make like a cheese based sauce. I use it in an aubergine dish as a filling with courgette and onion. As a dip.

Can be used in any way you'd use a soft cheese :)

ok , Hi

Quark is a staple in slimming world , its amazing stuff , mix it with garlic , you get a garlic spread , mix with marmite and then pasta and its amazing.
But it also takes sweetner incredibly , at slimming world we have a roulade recipe , that uses sweetened quark as a substiute for butter cream etc.,

Just google the uses , its amazing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat it a lot. On top of ryvita, I use it as a base for a sauce with zero noodles to make like a cheese based sauce. I use it in an aubergine dish as a filling with courgette and onion. As a dip. Can be used in any way you'd use a soft cheese :)

What are zero noodles?

I mix in sweetcorn, finely chopped onion, peppers, garlic and chives etc and then use it as a tasty cheese spread

If you mix it with cottage cheese and a beaten egg, it is a great topping for lasagne instead of white sauce. (Pinched from slimming world website):)

I use loads of quark for both savoury and sweet things mostly from slimming world menus.
Most of all I love it with fruit. Google menus for ideas.

Couldn't find quark in sainsburys today. Asked the guy & he had no idea either. I thought it'd be in the fridges, am i wrong? Where can u get it?

band fitted 16.01.14

That's where I looked 1st. Maybe we have a crappy sainsburys or I'm a crappy looker!
Thanks for the pointer though, I'll have another look soon

band fitted 16.01.14

Back