• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Query/Question - Need Your Help

Patsy

Hi All, as I mentioned in a previous thread my doctor has referred me for a lap band procedure (or so I thought) @ City Hosp Birmingham.

I was a bit concerned re funding so I contacted the PALS dept for my PCT (lovely lady). The lady I spoke to said I met the criteria and funding should be in place:D, she then offered to phone my drs surgery and see what was happening.

She has called me back today to tell me I am actually being sent for a clinical assessment at the hospital where (I'm assuming) the Dr's will decide whether I am a suitable candidate for the procudure:(.

Did anybody else go through this procedure (band and bypass) - is this standard or am I just worrying too much:wave_cry::).

Thanks (sorry about the length lol).

Every PCT has a different system of doing things - have you actually been to a hospital and met with a surgeon yet? If your GP has only referred you to the hospital, then this is totally normal. You will have an initial appt at the hospital to discuss which procedure is right for you and then once the funding is in place (either via your GP or hospital), you will have to go through a barrage of medical tests, prior to surgery. Sounds like you are at the beginning of your journey!

hiya hun .. yea i think everyone does ... as much as i had all my funding and stuff before i went to the hospital i still had to hear the Dr say yes ...

and funding is the hardest part so if u have that in place ur 80% there Hun you have nothing to worry about .. xx

Listen - what we are planning to put ourselves through (or have done) is so massive that a bit of worry is totally normal - good luck and keep us posted on how you get on. You cant have that much to lose with such a low BMI! Not like me - I aspire to have your BMI!!!

Every PCT has a different system of doing things - have you actually been to a hospital and met with a surgeon yet? If your GP has only referred you to the hospital, then this is totally normal. You will have an initial appt at the hospital to discuss which procedure is right for you and then once the funding is in place (either via your GP or hospital), you will have to go through a barrage of medical tests, prior to surgery. Sounds like you are at the beginning of your journey!

Hi Caroline, I have my appointment with a surgeon in about 3 weeks.;)

Listen - what we are planning to put ourselves through (or have done) is so massive that a bit of worry is totally normal - good luck and keep us posted on how you get on. You cant have that much to lose with such a low BMI! Not like me - I aspire to have your BMI!!!

I have about 8 stones to lose:(:sigh:. Don't worry I'll keep the board posted:D

only 8 stone!?? Thats nothing - Im aiming for 12 and that will probably leave me still 1 - 2 stone over what I should be for my size. Hang in there!

only 8 stone!?? Thats nothing - Im aiming for 12 and that will probably leave me still 1 - 2 stone over what I should be for my size. Hang in there!

Just a conservative figure, I have a feeling it may be a bit more than that when the dr gets out their "ideal weight range scales" lol;)

Everyone is different. I have 6 stone to loose and that is not nothing to me. For everyone having WLS is it a last chance (or only chance as my consultant put it). Whether you have 3 or 12 stone to loose it is not nothing when you have resorted to WLS to help.

Back