• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question about feeling full

actually its chin's I'll have you know :8855:

Maybe us banders need to have a bit of a goal that isn't entirely weight loss related to keep us focussed. Any ideas?
Im just thinking that it's great having the Easter Challenge etc but this may serve to make us new banders feeling a little out of the picture?
Something like a pedometer challenge - over the course of a month?
x

haha bully
IHNY - yes know what you mean with a new band I think becuase teh weight loss is slower than a bypass (by quite a bit) it does make you think your either going to fail or its not working, especially when you can pretty much eat what you coudl before.
I know I am going to piss quite a few people off but I did think it was going to be a bit of a magic wand and I would start to lose weight straight away - well why not, can eat this cant eat that tiny portions etc... false you can eat what you want you can eat bigger portions untill the fill is right which can take months. So I now know its not a lie this is just a tool. I am so glad I didnt tell the world otherwise i would look like a fool.
I myself am looking forward to going back to the gym in 2 weeks then hopefully some weight will start to shift but that is down to shear hardwork not the band.
I have me appointment with Mr Ammori in 2 weeks so I will talk to him and let you all know what he says surely he must have some words of wisdom.

xx

Your not the only ones........i had my band fitted 5/12/09
first fill was 12/2/10 and i cant tell i have a band in :(
Have 5mls in a 14ml band.
I know im eating too much my portions are only slightly smaller than before, i soooooooooooo desperatly need this to work i've only lost 4lb since band was fitted.
Keep reading everyones stories and thinking hang on in there ........just worried by eating too much i may damage the band!!???

Karen you read my mind completely, I am eating as if I dont have a band and think omg have I dsloged it is it now undone or further down, how on earth can i eat a pretty much full plate without feeling any restriction.
I go back in just less than 2 weeks to see my surgeon and I am going to tell him everything and hope he can solve it all and book me in for a fill.
I dont even know the size of my band all i know is that i had 2ml 2 weeks ago and they said they put 3ml in when they fitted it so as far as i know i have 5ml.
good luck and keep us posted too x

I had mine done 5th of Dec, exactly the same ......find it hard to actually believe i have one!!! my weight is static, lost 15lb (that includes 10lb pre op) but ive been assured by all these lovely people this is all normal!!
Cant wait for my next fill 1st March....currently have 5mls in a 14ml band.
xxx

P.S dont know how to use this site....how do you make the pages so pretty???
And how do u find where u,ve been commenting/chatting.....sorry im a bit of a technophobe, its my age!!!! LOL

Back