• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question for banders please

chris195

has any one with a band had trouble with losing fluid,my wife had band back in feb 09--but she ad to have it filled 4 times allready--as it keeps loosing fluid,as anyone else ad this problem.my wife is thinking of asking to have it checked by the consultant who done it.but wanted to see if anyone else out there with this.thank you chris :cry:

hi chris, its quite common for bands to lose a little fluid between fills and needed to be re topped up, it doesnt happen to everyone but it is a common thing to lose some, how much of the fill is being lost between her fills ?

:)
hi chris, its quite common for bands to lose a little fluid between fills and needed to be re topped up, it doesnt happen to everyone but it is a common thing to lose some, how much of the fill is being lost between her fills ?
hi liz--she as been losing about half what been put in--on her last fill they put 8.4ml in she was very restricked at first but she now feels its gone again (only about 5 wks ago) what she is worried about as she was private first yr all fills in with price,but after that its £500 ayr maintainance plus £200+ pr fill after 1 free fill,so going to make hard to pay. thank you chris

Hi Chris, I don't know much about this, just that I'd lost a bit of saline between fill 1 and 2. Really hope this is resolved. Also fills cheaper with www.wiseaftercare.com. x

i think it common for restriction to ease i had sweet spot but it eased off after about 4 months and i had to have a top up tell her to speak to her provider they can take out whats in and see if she leaking or it just easing with time

some banders lose fill naturally, and need re topping up regular its just part of being banded, get it checked any way for leaks just to make sure xxx

:)
hi liz thank you again--can i ask have you had 2 bands ? if so why (if not to personal):) thank you to every one chris

hi chris, i have had 2 bands yes, im 1 year post op with my 2nd band, i had a fill tube problem after 3.5 years with my 1st band, basically the fill tube came off from the band end and it all had to be replaced, so they de and rebanded me in the same op and it was pretty straight forward. what happened to me is rare so please dont worry.

liz x

Back