• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for post op L&D'ers

Yvessa

I spoke to my gp today who said the hospital would keep me in for one night. Hospital have said at least two.

How long did they keep you in for?

hi yve stayed in for the whole 4 days, thats how much my funding would allow, i am not to sure why he/she said 1 night cos you are in the high dependancy unit or ward for 1 night so if it was me i wouldnt take that as gospel as they are not going to send you home untill you are ready, dont let it worry you to much hunny , b.t.w fantastic weight loss you are doing great. xxxxx

Well i was told 2 days aswell.... :D

hi yve i know i am not from l&d but i had to reply as no hospital will discharge you after 1 night when you have had a big surgery. xxx

lyndajoan said:
hi yve i know i am not from l&d but i had to reply as no hospital will discharge you after 1 night when you have had a big surgery. xxx

Most of the people who got operated on at out hospital went home after one night, not me unfortunately as had a temp :( bit think out of around 6 that was operated on their was only me and another who stayed in 2 nights. I was the only one with a sleeve and every one else had bypass and I was the last out lol x

I was at L&D for my bypass and I was in for 3 nights total - one in HDU and two on the ward.

Was at L&D, was told two nights but I progressed so well, I was allowed home next day

i was in exactly a week due to collapsed lung if i had been ok it would hae been from the thurs till sunday x

thanks for the responses, shall pack for two nights but leave a spare bag with mum in case I am in an extra couple.

hi yve stayed in for the whole 4 days, thats how much my funding would allow, i am not to sure why he/she said 1 night cos you are in the high dependancy unit or ward for 1 night so if it was me i wouldnt take that as gospel as they are not going to send you home untill you are ready, dont let it worry you to much hunny , b.t.w fantastic weight loss you are doing great. xxxxx
Thank you so much!

They will keep you in as long as you need to be. I was also told it would probably be 2 nights but had my op 5 o'clock on Monday and was told I could go home Tuesday as I was drinking OK and had no pain.

Back