• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

question re loose skin

sparky42

hi everyone, i havn't posted for a while i have now lost 8 stone and am wearing size 10 jeans whilst im really pleased with my weight loss, i have a lot of loose skin (stomach area) has anyone any idea if i am eligible for tummy tuck on nhs and what is the criteria i live in belfast so im not sure if its the same as the mainland, any advice would be really appreciated. Julie x

I didn't want to read and run. Firstly well done on losing the weight - excellent :0clapper:.

SOrry I can't help - I have no idea. Have you tried looking on your local NHS website?

Sparky
I was told by my GP that there was funding available as part of the surgery budget but not sure how to get it. Perhaps speak to your GP for clarity
All the best
B

Hi

Not sure if it works the same in Northern Ireland but each PCT here as their own policy on funding plastic surgery after weight loss.

Some will and some no chance - pretty much how it is for Weight Loss Surgery.

If you google it for your area hopefully you will get some answers.

Good luck and well done on your loss x

Hi dont know about Ireland but I was told you have to maintain for two years before they will give you a tummy tuck on the nhs,and that is the only op they will do.Maz x

I have been 'done' yet so can't really comment on the whole skin issue, but I think each PCT seems to interperates the NHS guidance differently. I am also worried that I am know 55 years old and have a fairly saggy belly now after 2 ceasareans and a hysterectomy and wonder how bad it will be if I lose 10 stone.......it really would be wonderful if the NHS instead of giviong guidance would give instruction then it would not be a post code lottery.

Fizzy xx

I was told quite adamantly by my GP that there would be NO funding for plastic surgery... won't stop me from trying my luck tho, as & when I need to look at that!

I have been 'done' yet so can't really comment on the whole skin issue, but I think each PCT seems to interperates the NHS guidance differently. I am also worried that I am know 55 years old and have a fairly saggy belly now after 2 ceasareans and a hysterectomy and wonder how bad it will be if I lose 10 stone.......it really would be wonderful if the NHS instead of giviong guidance would give instruction then it would not be a post code lottery.

Fizzy xx
Hi Fizzy i couldnt agree more. Julie x

Hi

Not sure if it works the same in Northern Ireland but each PCT here as their own policy on funding plastic surgery after weight loss.

Some will and some no chance - pretty much how it is for Weight Loss Surgery.

If you google it for your area hopefully you will get some answers.

Good luck and well done on your loss x
thanks mazza, im going to make appt with gp its very hard in northern ireland people needing weight loss surgery are very much discriminated against, most have to fund surgery themselves so i wont hold my breath on plastic surgery tho will keep you posted. I havnt been on in a while hows your weight loss going?. Julie x

Back