• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Skin Tags

loulabelle79

Hi all ... Just wondered if anybody has any recommendations for skin tag removal/treatment. I have he some for years a couple on the on the back of my neck, a few in my arm pits and more recently at the tops of my legs which rub and are really painful when I walk... I'm pre op (not due to have bypass until around jan next year) Sorry if I've posted in the wrong area but any advice would be appreciated... X

Last edited:
I've had them removed via electrosis years ago at a beauty therapy place. Your local treatment room at the doctors may be able to do it

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've recently had a seborrheic wart removed from my cheek. I had been referred by my GP to a private cancer clinic to check it. When it was deemed non-cancerous I had to pay for removal. £220. Anyway, the same clinic did skin tag removals.
If they're irritating and sore, I'd get a referral from your GP, you should be able to get them done.

I would check with the gp. It depends on your pct, but I do know they won't remove them down here.

Hi all ... Just wondered if anybody has any recommendations for skin tag removal/treatment. I have he some for years a couple on the on the back of my neck, a few in my arm pits and more recently at the tops of my legs which rub and are really painful when I walk... I'm pre op (not due to have bypass until around jan next year) Sorry if I've posted in the wrong area but any advice would be appreciated... X

I suffer with skin tags as well - ask your GP if they have a wart clinic and if so, ask to be put on the list. Unfortunately, this can take a while, but my GP has also told me to tie some thin cotton thread tightly around the tags and they should eventually fall off.

I had a friend who was also advised that by the gp ,just use to clean thin thread tie it (if you can) around the tag this cuts off the blood supply and in a few days it should fall off
still always seek medical advise its always the best way

I had a friend who was also advised that by the gp ,just use to clean thin thread tie it (if you can) around the tag this cuts off the blood supply and in a few days it should fall off still always seek medical advise its always the best way

Thanks los, I will ask them about it. I'm no apposed to giving it ago except I can't reach or see to be able to do it :(

I had a couple on the back of my neck that I was always catching with my hairbrush, so my GP just froze the little suckers off like they do with warts. Stung like a ***** at the time but only for a few minutes. After that, they eventually fell off with no dramas.

I've tied a bit of string around a couple and they do fall off - not totally painless.

Teatree oil can work too. Dab it on morning and night and will eventually shrivel up and die.

I nipped one off with a pair of very sharp, very clean nail scissors once - ouch! but it went.

Back