• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question... what if you can't get home, post-op?!!!

Olsbols

Sliced and diced!!!
Hiya peeps :)

I just have a question... it seems I have no-one to pick me up from St Richards once I am ready to be discharged, and it also seems like I don't really qualify for transport :rolleyes:

Have any of you faced the same problem?

My mum would happily come and pick me up, but due to his intense needs, my step-father would have to go into respite for the day, and it's fully booked :(

Yeah, I could take a taxi, but it will cost 70 squiddlies and being in a car with a complete stranger is not what I really want, tbh :eek:

Any ideas?

I am going to call PALS tomorrow to see if my local area has a transport service that I could avail of...

x

eeek dilemma! No other friends or work colleagues or anyone? Good luck with pals, if I lived closer I'd offer to help but 300miles is a bit much!

eeek when i had a op years ago they had chice but too keep me in till i was picked up. They cant just kick you out.

what if you got discharged a day later would that make a difference maybe someone would be free to collect you hun?

hope you get something sorted

thats a good question, ill be traveling about 2.5 hours to get to st richards and back, if i was closer would offer but then again just swapping one stranger for another, have you got any friends who would be willing to do it perhaps useing a day of their holiday, just hope you get it sorted in time. i would imagine they might use the ambulance services patient transport, but i know what you mean about strangers better to spend time with people you know.
dave

Ols when are you being discharged? We come back from camping on July 21, any day after that, I will come and get you. If they let you out on the 22nd, it's not a problem. Will text you later (ere)...

Thanks guys... :)

Ahem... Shelbel... what do you mean, '300 miles is a bit much'?!!! I'm very disappointed!!! :cry:

PMSL!!! :p:p

Actually, I have a lady who runs a taxi firm - she's said she can pick me up for a discounted price, so that's ok... and she is willing to a mate up to come and greet me (think she's afraid I may cark it in the car, so want's backup!!! :rolleyes: :D)

Thanks again, peeps...

x

oooh glad you're sorted. had visions of you on a bus trumping every time it went over a bump!

Ooooooooooh...

I never thought of that... :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan!!! LOL!!! :p :D :p

x

Back