• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Overfilled or will it settle?

Lumpee

Sorry, this has probably been asked before but search isn't working for me.

Had my first fill yesterday morning at 7am (band already had some saline in it since it was first put in) and was advised to stick to fluids for 24-48 hrs. Today at lunchtime, I had soup and could barely sip it without the horrible chest pain of restriction. I had maybe 5 spoonfuls over the course of 20 mins.
This evening, I tried mush and opted for very soft scrambled egg. Again, same problem and gave up after my second teaspoonful, then vomited.

Even drinking tea/water was a struggle today.

Is this common after a fill and something that'll settle down in a day or two or does it sound like I have too much restriction?

I did have some restriction before the fill and felt my appetite and capacity creeping up a bit but this is completely different.

sharon2014

Sorry, this has probably been asked before but search isn't working for me. Had my first fill yesterday morning at 7am (band already had some saline in it since it was first put in) and was advised to stick to fluids for 24-48 hrs. Today at lunchtime, I had soup and could barely sip it without the horrible chest pain of restriction. I had maybe 5 spoonfuls over the course of 20 mins. This evening, I tried mush and opted for very soft scrambled egg. Again, same problem and gave up after my second teaspoonful, then vomited. Even drinking tea/water was a struggle today. Is this common after a fill and something that'll settle down in a day or two or does it sound like I have too much restriction? I did have some restriction before the fill and felt my appetite and capacity creeping up a bit but this is completely different.

Hey, I had the same instance..I think it was too large fill for me...I went from 1ml to 4ml in 12ml band and had similar instance, even the PB and foam/slime...I got defill back too 1ml and couple weeks later the surgeon put in another 2ml which has been much better!

I defo think maybe little too much in..you should be able to at least sip water..get in touch with your team..they maybe able to advise better than me..goodluck xxx

Banderbird

I think the fill was too much for you. Same thing happened to me with a fill of 0.5ml. It didn't settle after two days and I went back and had the whole 0.5 taken out. I later went back and had 0.2ml put in and it was fine.

I couldn't even drink tea.

Lumpee

Thanks ladies.

Had the same issue today. Very watery .weetabix wouldn't go down and I struggled massively with a poached egg. Only things that pretty much melt in my mouth like popcorn and rice cakes are going in.

I'll ring my clinic tomorrow but it'll be the weekend before I can travel to see them.

I'm just worried that they'll do a full defill. If anyone who had a similar issue reads this, could you tell me if they just removed a bit if fluid or a full defill?

odonnellcheryl

Thanks ladies. Had the same issue today. Very watery .weetabix ldn't go down and I struggled massively with a poached egg. Only things that pretty much melt in my mouth like popcorn and rice cakes are going in. I'll ring my clinic tomorrow but it'll be the weekend before I can travel to see them. I'm just worried that they'll do a full defill. If anyone who had a similar issue reads this, could you tell me if they just removed a bit if fluid or a full defill?
I have had quite a few de fills where I couldn't cope with what they put in and they have always just took a tiny bit out and I have been fine it's crazy how the smallest de fill can make a difference I have lost 7 half stone size 20 to size 10 in 16 months so has worked for me even with de fill s

Lumpee

I have had quite a few de fills where I couldn't cope with what they put in and they have always just took a tiny bit out and I have been fine it's crazy how the smallest de fill can make a difference I have lost 7 half stone size 20 to size 10 in 16 months so has worked for me even with de fill s

That's an amazing weight loss. Congratulations! You really do look great.

Seeing my provider on Friday morning. Was told they'd take out what was out in to put me back to original restriction post-op but I don't want that, I'd prefer if they just took out a bit and I think I'd feel the relief immediately. We'll see what happens.

Today, I managed one mashed medium banana across three sittings- breakfast, elevenses and lunch. Was a major struggle and the burping and gurgling was unreal. Had half a packet of popcorn for dinner which goes does easily because it practically melts in my mouth. Still struggling to get water in but did manage 1.5 litres today, though with great difficulty.

Hopefully, Friday will sort me out.

Lumpee

Ended up having 0.5mls removed. It's amazing the difference such a small amount can make but feeling much better. Still plenty of restriction but fluids going in no problem. Sticking to fluids for 24 hours and the soup I had for lunch went down well.

Back on track. Woohoo!