• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Hi people, I have a few questions, if any of you have any answers I would love to hear them!

When you had surgery, how long did you take off work?

Who did you tell?

How did you feel aftwerwards?

Did you have any negative reactions?

Thanks so much for your answers.

Rx

When you had surgery, how long did you take off work? I took 10 weeks of work due to the nature of my job

Who did you tell? everyone I was really excited

How did you feel aftwerwards? like crap and in pain but was worth it

Did you have any negative reactions? None at all thats when you no who your friends are

Hi people, I have a few questions, if any of you have any answers I would love to hear them!

Im a housewife & full-time mummy so I never get anytime off work lol, my hubby was off the week of my surgery which was great

Who did you tell?
At first my parents, brother & sister and best friend, eventually told my mum in-law and sis in-law

Absolutely sh*te if im honest but it soon subsides after a couple of days

None that I can think of

Rx

Kate x

I'm a housewife so can't with this one,

Who did you tell?

Husband, 2Daughters, 2 sisters,

I'm just 5 days post op and to be honest i'm feeling better with every new day...;)
BUT the first 3 days i didn't know what had hit me i was in so much pain & discomfort :eek:

None everyone was really understanding

your very welcome,Good luck & Don't worry! your be fine

Rx
Best of luck

Last edited:

I took 6 weeks off work don't know if I needed anymore as I work in a school and then I had the 6 weeks holiday.

Who did you tell?

Everyone.

A few regrets right after but then none as I felt better.

Yes but only one. A women at my work was very icy towards me but nothing to do with her.

Rx

Originally Posted by rosejohnson

Have taken the week Rose, had the op on Sat 8th August back to work on Monday

Who did you tell?
All family and friends

Feel fine, 1st few days a little uncomfortable, but think thats just me getting used to the band being there.

Mum and partner didnt want me to go through with it...but are supporting me all the way now

Rx

I took 4 weeks off work , and needed every bit of it.

Who did you tell?

I only told my kids hubby and cousin who we stayed with in the UK when I went over for the op.

The first few days were uncomfortable. I didn't have a lot of pain. The hardest thing was trying to get comfortable in bed at night.I used lots of pillows.

No because those I told are very supportive.

You're welcome hope all goes well for you.

Rx

I have booked a week off for after the op, and I am now wondering if that will be enough!
Also, I didn't really want people at work to know, but if I need more time off I will have to tell my boss and I wonder if other people will find out too...

Thanks for your replies, it's quite scary isn't it??

Rx

I cant see why a week wouldnt be enough Rose, though I do guess it depends on what kind of job you have. I m an admin clerk so will be sat at my desk most of the day...so shouldnt be any worries for me. I feel fine, no pain or problems, just a little tired come early afternoon. ;)

I am loving that you have all had mostively positive reactions, gives me hope!

I am a nurse, which does have a few physical challenges....

Rx

Self employed so Ill take as long as i need

Who did you tell?
Hubby,close family and close friends, Im not hiding it Im just not telling all

Ill tell you in a few days lol

Pass

Rx

hehe :D

Im a student and had my op after the semester had finished so I had as much time as I needed

Who did you tell?
My mum, dad, brother, nana and grandad

I felt great, no pain at all, didnt need painkillers after day 2 was up and about walking the dog doing housework by day 3

Only negative reaction was from my nana, who had seen some things in the newspaper and on television about them going wrong. She soon came round when I showed her some pictures on here of the success stories. I think everyone else was just glad I had decided to do something about being fat!

Hey hun. What op are you having?? And I have the same worries about telling work. I am (hopefully) having a bypass so will need a few weeks off. I didn't actually want to tell work what it was for but don't know how to get the time off otherwise!!!

Good luck!! Are you all booked in now??

I don't work so that was'nt a problem!

Who did you tell?

Everyone because I knew they'd ask about the weight loss sooner or later.

Absolutely fine. A little pain but not half as bad as I expected.

None what so ever. Everyone has been so supportive of my decision to have weight loss surgery.

Rx

Hope this helps!!

Hi yes I am booked for gastric band on 5th September, but I have heard some stories of people with pcos not losing weight with a band cos of pcos, or being refused banding cos of pcos so I am seriously considering whether to switch to bypass...

So much to think about!

Thank you :)

Rx

Hey hun. What op are you having?? And I have the same worries about telling work. I am (hopefully) having a bypass so will need a few weeks off. I didn't actually want to tell work what it was for but don't know how to get the time off otherwise!!!

Good luck!! Are you all booked in now??

Hi
I have not had any op yet and am a full time mum so no time off here.
When I was at the hospital on Thursday I was told no driving for 14 days so justto let all you who work and drive know you need 2 weeks of no driving.
xxx

also only mum hubby and mum know I am dreading telling anyone else through fear of reactions.
x

Hi
I have not had any op yet and am a full time mum so no time off here.
When I was at the hospital on Thursday I was told no driving for 14 days so justto let all you who work and drive know you need 2 weeks of no driving.
xxx

also only mum hubby and mum know I am dreading telling anyone else through fear of reactions.
x

Me too, mum hubby and a close friend are the only people I have told so far. Not sure I have courage to tell others yet, and think I might wait til afterwards.

Who did you tell?

Rx

Two weeks, but I don't have a physically exerting job

My lovely lady, our daughter, two trusted ex work colleagues, and my boss. Well he would have wondered where I was for two weeks :D

A bit crappy but it soon passes

Only from the local chippys, curry houses, and Pizzahut have taken me off their best customer list :eek:

Two weeks, but I don't have a physically exerting job

My lovely lady, our daughter, two trusted ex work colleagues, and my boss. Well he would have wondered where I was for two weeks :D

A bit crappy but it soon passes

Only from the local chippys, curry houses, and Pizzahut have taken me off their best customer list :eek:

Dominos will probably send someone round to see if I'm ok!!! Hahahahaha!!!

Back